Register now to get rid of these ads!

New From Maine.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 49 Thriftmaster, Oct 28, 2011.

1. 49 Thriftmaster

49 Thriftmaster
    from Maine

Hi, my name is Dwain I'm 32 and live in central Maine. I'm a self employed carpenter and also work at a local mill when work is slow. I always have had a thing for cars. Mostly GM but not prejudice. I'm by no means a mechanic but have never hired one either. I always believed if I cant fix it then it's time for it to go.
    I just picked up a 49 chevy pickup. I have been wanting to rod one of these for a few years now. I found one a month ago that was worth buying. The body on it i very solid (Rare for my neck of the wood's) and it is mostly complete. Some where along the way someone grafted a Jag front end to it. Since I bought it I have taken the back bed off to start to restore frame. Found that the frame has been undercoated and is in near perfect shape other than flaky paint.
    I have bought and rebuilt a disk break rear end for it. I also bought a 5.7 vortec eng for it. That is where I'm at with Project. Looking to build a driver not a show truck. So that is a bit about me and my project, happy to share any knowledge I have and learn with this project.

2. Old&Low

Old&Low

Welcome from New Mexico! Good luck with your '49

3. Marcia

Marcia

Welcome from the coast.
    You'll get lots of help here.

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome Dwain. This is one of the best sites you will ever find. You'll find alot of help here.
    Gasser Girl

5. spikez57

spikez57

Welcome from N.E~~~o-HI-o

6. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Hello Dwain,
    Ever find yourself down in SE Connecticut, stop by and say hello.
    If you need help there is plenty of good minded builders on this site, so don't be ashamed to ask questions.
    Search all the past threads first though, as someone has probably already been thru an issue you might experience and need assistance with.
    I built a '48 Chevy pickup a few years back, but sold to pay medical bills.
    Thought about buying it back, but this economy has proven fruitful to any of us.
    Rick

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  7. Welcome from plum island mass

8. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome Aboard!

9. oj

oj

Welcome from a displaced Mainor, them old chevy trucks make for good projects. I'm working on a '54, more a restoration than a hot rod. Those trucks have character.
    Welcome to the Hamb, oj

10. Welcome from CT!

11. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

greet'ns frm Dix-ie-field

12. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Welcome aboard

13. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Welcome! I'm also in Maine and from Maine. I live in Oxford.

14. Gigantor

Gigantor

Howdy from Hudson, Maine

15. Hello ! from Downeast Wash County Like the man says you can't build just one My 79' Avanti, 31'Model A, 25' Durant Star streetrod, and 39' Olds keep me busy. need info or parts I know where there is a parts truck. [email protected]