Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need advice..off topic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaysix, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wife had an 88 Jeep (bought new) and I don't care if it had 10 miles on it I wouldn't pay any more than scrap price for it. Truly not a good year for Jeep really doubt if the dealer will get anywhere close to asking price.

And yes the world is full of predators that read the obituaries and go after the families instantly. Knowing that emotionally they're vulnerable. Best advise you can give any surviving spouse is to not sell. give away or dispose of anything for at least 6 months. Way too many hustlers out there.

2. Now you have something to work on.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No one likes to see a family member screwed over but where were you and your dad when this was going on?

I've been in that same pretty much desperate situation when I had no cash and my son got killed. I had no idea of how I was going to come up with the money to pay for the funeral expenses and what not and was figuring out what I needed to sell to do it when his boss and coworkers stepped in and helped. She probably felt like she was doing pretty good to sell the Jeeps and use the money to pay the funeral costs and not be way in debt on it.

4. jaysix

jaysix

Not the point. The point is they ripped off a mentally challenged woman for their own benefit. Im more pissed off about the $150 Jeep than the $3500 one.

5. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

I hate to see crap like this. They'll get theirs eventually.

6. brad chevy

brad chevy

Now you got a leg to stand on. Go ahead and go after them. Thats definitely a felony anywhere. Good luck.

7. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

This is different alltogether, NOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM!

8. todztoyz

todztoyz

Its too bad and its probably too late. I'm sure the dealer got a pretty nice deal. Its worth more than what he paid but thats how they work. Sorry to say, but, you or someone in the family should have been there sooner. You should have never let a dealship in on the appraisal. Anyway....sorry.

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I just looked up the value on NADA and they don't even go back to 1988, so I put in the same vehicle for a 1992. The top value with all the options and 20,000 miles is $ 6275.00. For an 88 it would be significantly less. I sold my super clean Jeep Commanche Pickup with a 5.0 Mustang engine for $ 700.

Unless you can pursue that title discrepancy thing I think you are out of gas.

Don

10. How was she able to sell the jeep if it wasn't hers? Do you not have title laws in Pa?

11. jaysix

jaysix

I suppose you failed to read the part that said the dealership falsified the title transfer with my dead uncles name?

12. todztoyz

todztoyz

Hmmm....I don't think you mentioned that part. If thats true, it would certainly change things. If you're just adding shit in here, it doesn't.

13. The dealer is probably hoping someone will offer them $6500 for the nice one. Outside of the title thing, they probably didn't hurt her too bad there, but the non-runner is probably worth two to four times as much just as scrap. Unless the "Sahara Edition" is some special thing... a Jeep site can probably tell you more there.

14. bryan6902

bryan6902

So if book value is aprox. $6ooo, paying her $35oo is about par for the course at most dealers I've been around. $150 for the non-running one means they would probably sell it for scrap or to a wholesaler who is interested in doing the bare minimum to get it out the door. Putting it on the lot for $12ooo is a stretch for that Jeep, in my opinion. Really not old enough or desirable enough to be a collector piece. And you can get a newer, nicer 4wd, Jeep daily driver for the same money or less. Those were not banner years for Jeep.

Saying the cousin was "left everything" doesn't mean much. Was there a will? If not, most of the property should go into probate until rightful ownership and a mentally fit executor are determined.

No matter what happens it will probably get worse before it gets better. Good luck, I'm hoping for speedy resolution for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.