Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects El Portal 36 Ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Yaril

Yaril

looking good! that "extra" line is a tough one. you either love it or hate it i guess.

maybe shoot some primer on that area or sand all the metal in that area to get a better "visiual"

keep going Ron!

2. lamaison

lamaison
    from Canada

I think this thread has probably run it's course as the car was sold on eBay about three weeks ago.

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

Damn I was hoping it wouldnt sell :(

4. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I highly doubt Gene "mutilated" a '36 3 window... Does anyone have any pics of this car? I can't seem to find anything on it.

5. So as some of you have seen, the car did sell. I didn't really want too but it was getting to the point that I had two cars that were half way done and money was getting thin on trying todo two cars at that same time. The decision was made that if I got what I wanted for the 36 then I could go full bore on the 32. So the car did sell and is on its way to Canada.

I hope you all got some useful info out of this thread on how I think you should go about turning a 5 window into a 3 window and change the lines up a little bit. I think the major questions and measurements were already here and the rest of the build would have been stuff that was not special in building a car. As always I am here to answer any questions that you might have. Here are the last pics of the car and stay tuned for a complete new thread on the 32 starting from the very beginning to where its at now.

Thanks to Desertdroog and Needlouvers for coming over and helping load the car into the truck.

Attached Files:

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

T'was just a little sad seeing it sitting all by itself way up front in that big truck like that... 'Course, I always tend to give cars human emotions. I'm kinda dumb that way! Hopefully it's going to a loving home in the great white north!
    A quick gin and tonic at a way cool old dive bar in my 'hood, served by a sweet 85 year old grandmother type sure did ease the sadness of it rolling away though! "Now you boys be sure an watch for the Po Po in the white cars now..." (Her quote leaving the bar last night.)

7. Blackcherry

Blackcherry

Great thread, look forward to the '32 build. Post a link on this thread so we can find it easy, love the metal work fabrication, its amazing what can be done on these cars. Merry Christmas. Where in Canada did the car go, hopefully the builder posts up!!

8. Some where close too Detroit area.

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Prolly in the Windsor area...what are the plans for it do you know?

10. The new owner is a retired body man of 50 years so he tells me. He told me he is going to finshed it and start driving it. Hopefully he will send some pics to me when its done and I will post them here if that happens. Your build is moving right along and looks great. Hope you do a dark color.

Stogy likes this.
  11. ag1376

ag1376
    from tucson az

It's sad.. but now that 32 will get finished.

12. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yessir. Onward and upward my son.