Register now to get rid of these ads!

4 Door Trucks!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by COS, Aug 18, 2009.

1. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i love the crewcabs, i have a 65, i keep putting it off, i need to get on it. not sure what driveline i want to run, keep going back and forth on either buying me a newer truck for my tow vehicle or build this one with a gas guzzling 429scj i have, or do a swap onto a later frame with a powerstroke. all i know is both decisions take $$$!!

Attached Files:

2. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

i vote get it running as cheap as possible, and it will tell you what you need to do.:eek:

3. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

If that were in my yard, I would be looking for a rolled Super Duty with a 7.3

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Ya kinda leaning that way, now I just need to finish some other stuff to have the play money for it....

5. 72IH

72IH

Not true. International was building crewcab trucks for years. Although anything prior to 1961 was a three door on pickups. The trucks and pickups were popular with utility companies and railroads.

I believe dodge also built crew cabs to. Not sure of the years when they started.

6. I just picked up a 59 Fridge Crew Cab. Its a factory 3 door, 4x4 too. Pretty kewl piece. It will get a clip and 9" diff and be put in the weeds like my Merc.
    I am just collecting bits to put my other 4 door slick crew on my Cummins 4x4 chassis.
    Boones, the Chevy Crew is pretty decent. I shortened a box down to 5' 10" and am put it in the weeds too. I will get some pics up soon.

Just thought I would revive this thread a little!

Anyone else have some pics / info of some crews?

-Shiny

7. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

Theres a PAIR of 4 dr binders across the street from me. Owner just passed n i'm waitin for his kid so i can grab em. Kid won't want em, he drives a miata......

8. coach built by ambruster , rear doors are completely hand built,

Attached Files:

9. Kinky6

Kinky6

I like the extended (Xtra) or King Cab look more than the 4 door cab. Here are some Ford pics, and then a Hudson that I've saved off the net.

Please ignore any blingy-looking wheels. I don't condone that type of stuff; these are just for ideas.

Kinky6 :cool:

Attached Files:

10. That merc truck is sweet!

11. Kinky6

Kinky6

I like the extended (Xtra) or King Cab look more than the 4 door cab.

Please ignore any blingy-looking wheels. I don't condone that type of stuff; these are just for ideas.

And some Chevys and a GMC. I don't own any of these; I just like a roomy truck cab. I'm not crazy about the big-window cab shown in the two under construction shots; I wish he had extended the cab a bit more. The proportions on the quarter window look better with a longer stretch, like on the blue '56.

BTW, the grey Chevy w/ the quad headlights was built by HAMBer squirrel. Nice work!

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

Attached Files:

12. buggy5872

buggy5872

Just stumbled on this thread when I was searching for somethin else... Here is my 57 LCF crew cab. Should have the front clip painted next week. Not factory, I made it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

Is that a Kodiak chassis? Looks great!
    [​IMG]

14. buggy5872

buggy5872

Kodiak was too wide. I use a 03 gmc w4500 hd. Same track width and frame width as original. last year for the 350 engine. I also uses the same 6 on 8.75 bolt pattern.

15. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

That is cool! A modified cameo bed would look cool as well.
    [​IMG]

16. buggy5872

buggy5872

How about a midified fleetside bed?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Top portin of the bed goes on when not hooked to the 5th wheel camper

17. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Not real, just a photoshop of mine. No credit to me, as someone else did it.:D

[​IMG]

18. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yep,that will do it too;)

19. buggy5872

buggy5872

Photo shop is great for figuring out what it might look like. Here is my photoshop from the when I was in the planning stage.
    [​IMG]

20. Bluenoseguy

Bluenoseguy
    from NS

Buggy - awsome build. Really enjoy the pics.