Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Christmas story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Daddy Don, Dec 25, 2011.

1. rusty28a

rusty28a

I've been on the H.A.M.B. too long. The model A bodies in the bully scene made me wonder just "where they are now".

2. Jimv

Jimv

Heres ours from inside the house!! I love it, very cool!
    Jimv

Attached Files:

3. aaggie

aaggie

In the scene where Ralphie finally has enough and is beating up the Bully, there is a '37 Terraplane in the background that looks just like mine.

4. I among those who have never seen it. It has been on before and my kids watched it but I was too busy. I only have antenna TV so I may never get to see it.

5. BlueCat

BlueCat

Its been on here sinc 8:00 last night. Off to have a chinese for lunch now.

6. My wife got me the dvd for Christmas. The Red Ryder is under the tree and I've got my "Fragile" lamp in the front window! Bathing in "the soft glow of electric sex". Merry Christmas everyone!

Jim

Attached Files:

7. big bad john

big bad john

....Its a classic.....like the coupe and sedan is the back round in the fight ...

8. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its my favorite as I can relate to alot that stuff growing up. I actually sold Christmas cards door to door to get my first BB gun and with all the cool cars its icing on the cake.

9. Jimv

Jimv

Ever notice that on the old show"Titus" his brother Dave was played by Zack Ward( Scut Farkus)! The show was about a guy who built cars, so its not really OT!!lol
    JimV

10. Rob68

Rob68

My kids and I have watched it about 15 times this December. Never gets old. My next door neighbor has the Bumpas hounds so I get to live it every day!

"Ah ha! Ah ha! It's a cliinkeeeer!"

11. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Lucky dog!

12. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I started watching it last night when it began on TBS, I took a short break from it around midnight when I had to go outside and see what the hell all the noise was up on my roof, Turned out to be a old fat guy trying to come down my chimney, And he had a a couple of midgets with him wearing some goofy outfits. anyhow by the time I got my trigger lock off of my "Dasiy red rider 200 shot air riffle" otherwise known as "Old Blue" Him and his midgets had gone and they left a bunch of cool toys and stuff behind for my kids. So I went back to watching "Ralphie" I fell asleep around 2am and my kids woke me up around 6am, I have still been watching it all day since. I love the movie and for me it never gets old, My TV will stay on TBS until it is shown for the last time. ......Merry christmas everyone!!!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  13. jasone

jasone

Watched it twice on Friday night, once yesterday morning and now the tv stays on TBS until the 24hr marathon ends. My favorite movie of all time...but for as long as I can remember I still haven't figured out what a "hostickle fifer!" is.

14. 15ASedan

15ASedan

The movie is on a continuous loop today. It is the only DVD I own.
    In my front window:

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      488.8 KB
      Views:
  15. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

For those of you that are fans of the movie, our local Walgreens had a whole display of Christmas Story items. I picked up a tree ornament that says "fraagileee, must be Italian". :) They had Christmas stockings shaped like a leg lamp, a window cling-on that looked like the leg lamp, etc. I might have to see if it's all on sale tomorrow! :rolleyes:

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

Twice yesterday. Bad Santa the other night....

17. perk30

perk30

Looked it up on IMDB There were a lot of anachronisms in the movie like the later model cars etc. Even Scut Farkis's braces were not invented till many years later than when the movie was supposed to take place. Watched the movie a couple more times trying to catch all the mistakes etc mentioned in the IMDB.

18. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Reminds me of my pop too. He loved watching it, he would crack up at certain parts of the movie and I would just laugh along. I get every bit of it now and I always notice new things too!

19. 3 times since last night.
    My sister inlaw and my son both gave me a DVD and a VCR of the movie today.
    Now I can view it 12 months a year.
    Ho ho ho.

20. One full time so far, but it's been off and on all day - seems TBS is unavoidable while changing stations haha so all the times I've flipped past it at various times probably equals another viewing so I'd say 2 total!

21. About 10 so far. My girl works at a bar and it was playing all night last night. But of course i had to watch it again this morning.

22. bmita

bmita

thats my dad too. he was never a big eater, until christmas he would eat all day long. he could never get enough turkey. love the movie and yes i still have my red ryder bb gun.

23. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My favorite Christmas movie. I've watched it at least once for many years. Like a lot of others on here it reminds me so much of my own childhood growing up in the '40s and '50's. What a great time to have been a kid.

24. Doug B

Doug B

I've seen it about 2 1/2 times today...Fa ra ra ra raaaaa..ra ra ra ra !

25. tjmercury

tjmercury

Once this year...so far. Love the tongue stuck to the pole and when the bully gets his butt kicked........CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!

26. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The movie is based on a short story written by Jean Shephard. His has a series of short stories based around the characters in Christmas story. All growing up in 40's and 50's in the steel toens of Ill and Indiana. He also wrote monthly columns for Car and Driver, and Playboy based around his experiences. He also had a radio show.

If you enjoy the setting and characters in Christmas Story, you will probably enjoy his short stories also. Should be available at your public libraries.

Look for Wanda Hickey's night of Golden Memories.

27. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

My sister got me a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas this year. She said 4 people stopped her on the way to the checkout stand ...."You'll put your eye out with that"

28. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

29. 51delivery

51delivery

One time every year. We went driving around to look at lights last night before opening presents(family tradition) and saw 3 front windows with leg lamps. I couldn't believe it made us all laugh

30. Bud Reynolds

Bud Reynolds

The greatest Christmas movie ever! Got to watch it about three times, bits and pieces. Reminds me when I grew up. Old cars, old ads, old toys and I can relate to all of it. One of the boys in my graded school got his tonque stuck to a pipe hand rail. Not sure how they got him loose.

That Model A roadster body could be salvaged surely. Probably a prop by some car collector.

Shadetree