Register now to get rid of these ads!

TRACTOR TITLE AND HOT ROD?is it possible in any state to get a title to tractor?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FINLAND, Mar 12, 2011.

1. noboD

noboD

Commercial tractor CAN have titles in Pa., like backhoes and such. Don't think I've ever seen one on a farm tractor, just smv signs.

2. George T G

George T G

Part of the fee and process when applying for a SMV plate is applying and paying for a title or it was that way not long ago but these nuts do keep changeing things but never for the better or cheaper.

3. yngrodder

yngrodder

[​IMG]

Start with this and then put the motor in a Hot Rod.

4. yngrodder

yngrodder

or do this and call it a tractor,

[​IMG]

5. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Sounds to me like the people of Finland have the right idea. At this point, I would support raising the driving age of the US G4 cell phone generation to 18, and probably yank the license of about 20% of those over 18 too. Hmmm....I think I may have just solved the energy crisis.....and health care crisis in one fell swoop....

6. jremnant

jremnant

Or you could just find him one of these. Minneapolis_Moline_1938_UDLX-2.jpg

7. FINLAND

FINLAND
    from Finland

Hello!

Hot Rod Tractor status upgrade: vehicle found...I got model A, running vehicle without body...perfect tractor material...You know how it even looks like a tractor without body, just front end parts on place; grille, hood and firewall, nothing but a frame and rear axle behind the driver = great starting point...

OK, now please advice me on path to get it titled as "commercial tractor" or to get those SMV -plates with title...

Or, if anyone might have some 1920 - 1930 tractor title for sale, I would be very interested in it.

NOTE: I WANT TO BUY REPAIRABLE BODY PARTS OF "MODEL A" COUPE, TUDOR OR ROADSTER...DOORS, ROOF, REAR QUARTERS.

please feel free to offer cheap body parts, rusty parts are most desirable in this particular project...my son wants to learn to weld.

Thanks again:
    FINLAND

8. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I was in the eastern side of Finland at january and i saw that guy was plowing his yard with an old Valmet.I just thought that could be awesome way to transport yourself from to place to another,if i were 20 yrs younger...

9. FINLAND

FINLAND
    from Finland

Yeah, Valmet tractors ruled here in Finland back in the early days...and I suppose nowadays there are a lot of farmers out there who wants to have a restored one...?

10. FINLAND

FINLAND
    from Finland

:)Some proceed has happened with our "father and son tractor project"...I found "coupester" body and finally got it titled as a slow moving vehicle in California, this should work OK here in Finland...well, we will know more later in spring, car will arrive to Finland in late January and after that we will start working with it... which is an easy part of the project, I quess the issues will appear when the car is ready and we take it to Finnish registration bureau to be inspected....

Registration is a mystery for me, I have done some preliminary negotiations with few vehicle inspection officers and have received different opinions about registrating it as a tractor...Funniest reply was that they will require steel rear wheels (no tire at all) for it like tractors did in ´30`ies...

But also, I have received positive feedback from very friendly fellow hot rodder who happens to work as a vehicle inspector in finnish dmv...You can quess to whom I´m going to take this tractor to be inspected...the guy who wants steel rear wheels or to hot rod enthusiast...

Naturally the top speed must be limited to 40km/h (=25 mp/h)...but that´s ok, it also helps to receive approval from my wife, You all know what every mother on this planet thinks about their sons and speeding vehicles....:mad:

To make sure it wil not be too fast the "power" will be delivered by Nissan 2.2 liter diesel...ha ha, I´m sure some purists wil "blow their head gasket" here in Finland when they hear what engine keeps this thing moving....

While waiting the project to arrive, I wish Merry Hot Rod Chrismast to everyone !

11. Austinwagonco

Austinwagonco
    from Oklahoma

Oklahoma does not require you to license your tractor to be driven on the road inly a smv triangle however i read in the tag office earlier this year about a new law for tractors and four wheelers over a certain cc if it has been bought since the year the law has been in effect, to be titled. Even if its an old one, if your tractor or four wheeler changes hands you are required now to title it. Its more likely to just get more money for the state but it has benefits if your tractor or four wheeler gets stolen.