Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Ayala '42 tribute update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banditomerc, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Rikster

Rikster

Looks really great David...
    Glad you will be able to take it out for a spin in the new year. That will get you all exited to get it finished... or at least as much as you want it for now so that you can drive it and enjoy it.

2. Really diggin the new update pictures you posted.I remember when you really werent sure which grill you wanted to run,im glad you chose this.I wish Gil or Al was here to see it.

3. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! No bad ass flathead? ALso i thought i saw a air tank. Now this just me. So dont take it as me being a dick, but if i was doing a tribute to a car i would of went all out. Now if your doing an inspired by then that a whole other story. Like i said not trying to be a dick. Just trying to figure things out.

4. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Looking good David its starting to really take shape! :D

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

Awesome Dave ! Congrats on the upcoming first drive!! are ya gonna video it for us ?!

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

I always viewed "tribute" and "inspired by" as the same thing ...now if it were a clone ,well thats another story ;)

7. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

I guess your right. Hes not building a clone.

8. Looks great David! It must be exciting as hell to think you will be taking it for a spin soon.

9. banditomerc

banditomerc

thanks for that Steve.will post up a video when it hits the street.Bickford ,hope you dig it.We build for the fun of it,that's all.

10. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Hey i can dig it. At least i know you do have the love of custom cars.

11. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Man I don't know how I've been missing this one. This is going to be a stunning ride. Keep up the work, she's looking good.

12. banditomerc

banditomerc

Here is a short video of the first run on the street.It's not registered yet so i had to keep it short...and i ran out of gas! but it was a blast.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yBA3r9Ug9PA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. banditomerc

banditomerc

14. banditomerc

banditomerc

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Right on Dave!!:D:D That must have been a real blast, I cant wait for that day to happen with the 47 ! Congrats!!

16. raidmagic

raidmagic

Very cool!! Nothing quite like that first ride

17. Greezeball

Greezeball

Ok don't know how I missed this one but great car man. Congrats on gettin it rollin.

18. banditomerc

banditomerc

glad you're digging it Steve.as I went down the street it was like going back to the '50's....to bad I ran out of gas.

19. OLLIN

OLLIN

Man what a fitting tribute! The ayalas never got their due credit. It looks like you will not be afraid to get on the gas pedal too! Ill bet Gil would be smiling...

20. Pretty sweet Dave,great way to start the new year. :)

21. banditomerc

banditomerc

Hello fellas, here to tell all concerned that the car i have been building as a tribute to Gil Ayalas ford is for sale as it sits.Life has gotten in the way and the car needs to go.In Cal...everything goes 50/50,thats all i want to say as far as the reason . I will post in classifieds this weekend.I hate to see it go...but thats life.

22. Rikster

Rikster

Man that is sad news.... was hoping to see some more update photos when I saw your new post.
    So Sad... hope it will find a great new home with somebody who wants to finish it the way you intended.
    good luck!

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

This sucks Dave ! Do you have something else to work on after you get through this stuff?

24. banditomerc

banditomerc

Hey Steve,ya it sucks....thinking I'll help my son with his '38 just to keep busy.....

25. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

that's sad :(

26. banditomerc

banditomerc

hello guys,I have a update on my old car(Ayala tribute).have been in touch with the new owner ,who lives in Idaho.he says the car is in Los Angeles getting the upholstery done,because he has entered it in the GNRS in Pomona in January! He changed the color,but he kept all my work intact!am stoked ... I will be there for sure...

27. Great news! I can't wait to see it in person.

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

We need pics Dave !!

29. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

see you there dave..i'll bring my Ayala car too lol!
    good you found someone that appreciate the work you did!
    -palle

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  30. This is great news ! Im really lookin forward to seeing this car.I hope the new owner keeps the Ayala vision in mind as far as wheels and tires etc.This is going to be great to see in person.