Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Pedal Car Strollers/Wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nert, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really wanna know!

2. raffman

raffman

The shape of things to come....................................................

.[​IMG]

3. bballjones

bballjones

Hey guys..I am a new comer to this site, but it is definitely inspirational. Here is a wagon I just finished! And already working on another!! Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

This one is Bad Ass!

5. I gotta find these wheels and tires!

6. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

7. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

8. Buckeyeman

Buckeyeman

The grandkids love these wagons! If they don't have metal hubcaps, I'm not much interested. Wish I could build-um like you guys do!

9. Buckeyeman

Buckeyeman

Try again with the pics. Nope, can't get my pics on here.

10. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Here is my little hot rod for my son. I took a 60 Caddy and added a bit of wood material to make it look more like a 59. Air ride, working headlights and taillights, stereo, and OG wheels from a 55 Kidillac. I have a ton of pics and will post in a build thread shortly.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  11. spinner

spinner

nice work! those kiddlelacs are getting harder to fine. keep us informed.

12. starion88esir

starion88esir

3onthetree3 - That's realy cool, might want to put some limiters on those lines to keep from launching him out of the car when he hits the switch though. haha

13. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Haaa...this is empty.:D When I thru about 50lbs of chain the seat, it calmed it down a bit...still snappy, but not flip him out of the car.

14. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Here's one my dad built for my nephew Levi and "unveiled" it at Christmas on his coffee table. My brother bought the raw fiberglass Merc body from a guy in the HAMB classifeds earlier this year, and delivered it to my dad... he tinkered with it off and on ever since, building a complete square tube chassis and finishing/detailing the body with dozens of hand made bits. It will soon get a custom tuck 'n roll interior too...If you can't tell, it's based on the Hirohata Merc, and looks pretty neat!

There's a push handle that sticks into the dual exhaust tips...so Levi will have the coolest stroller at the car shows next Summer...heck, it even has PA vanity plates. It really is pretty amazing my Dad built this thing staring with nothing but a crude fiberglass body, a pile of raw steel, and some stainless and chrome trim pieces you'd find at a hardware or plumbing supply store. The tires/wheels are made for a dolly, but are now hand painted bias ply wide whites with chrome baby moon hubcaps. The 2 tone paint is vintage lacquer left over from jobs my Dad did decades ago when you could still buy the stuff. The bumpers are hand bent and polished stainless trim pieces he bought at a carpet store. The chrome tube grille is made from the supply pipes you'd find under any kitchen sink, cut and bent to shape. There are evena pair of replica miniature "Barris Customs" emblems on the fenders. My Dad is the best at this kind of stuff, taking found stuff and repurposing it into something much cooler. Nothing you could buy in a store comes close to this gift. It's a true one of a kind, just like Levi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

my boy in the Navarro pedal car

Attached Files:

16. vg62truck

vg62truck

Ryan

New to the site, obviously a great place to be part of, thanks. As far as reopenning this thread, I don't know it's history, but those little rides for little helpers in the shop are the future builders.

Vern [grandpapa]and his little buddy in the shop

PS; is 3 years old to young to learn to mig weld!

17. Diognes56

Diognes56
    from Peoria, IL

My 6 month old daughter just got a mid-60's Tee Bird for Christmas. :D Should be fun :cool: .

David

Attached Files:

18. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Radio flyer roadster pickup i built for my oldest grandson out of my daughters original wagon plus another one i bought to make the bed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've got a thrift store find pedal car i need to get done by summer for my youngest grandson.

19. wow, I love it,

btw, where did you buy the wheels?
    Thank's

20. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

They look like go kart wheels

21. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

They are old margay go kart wheels i bought from a now closed kart shop here in town.

22. 47flyer

47flyer

Not exactly a custom, but it was swap meet basket case and he got to help. Almost outgrown it, but still won't give it up.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=30873&pictureid=352552

23. vg62truck

vg62truck

Looking at purchasing a 41 willys fibreglass body[by Gasser] off Ebay, any thoughts or comments on the body, or any build experinces?

Vern:confused:

24. speshul

speshul

Here's the latest stroller I finished up for my little guy.

Attached Files:

25. Sleeper_6

Sleeper_6
    from Mass

Dammm is all I can say :cool:

26. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Finished welding and painted the frame for mine today. I'll get some photos up here soon. Great inspiration here!

27. I didnt read through the whole thread but these things are amazing.
    I have 4 radio flyer wagons that need the wheel rubber,Any ideas of where to buy some??
    Have any of you used something fro ace or tractor supply,???
    40 bucks for 4 wheels that makes it 160 for 16 wheels is kind of expensive..
    ideas please?
    thanks

28. Ole'32

Ole'32
    from Arizona

I've got 2 old pedal cars that I need to restore. Man, been so busy on the big builds I've forgotten about them and tucked em away. With all these posts, I know I need to get those dug out and get them done!

Bryson

29. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

I better hurry up before my kids are too damn big for these.. the years just seem to go by too dang fast!

30. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

[​IMG]

Just dug this out of 6 inches of mud behind my Grandfathers shed.. had no Idea it was there.. I found a picture of me in a photo album playing with it when I was about 5. Gonna fix it up for my newborn daughter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.