Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Campers...Let's see what you got!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mctim64, Jun 4, 2009.

1. jcillch

jcillch

this is our 48 spartanette 24 footer. totally refurbed into a store for our business onthetrasyside.com

Attached Files:

2. Cool! I like the flamingos!

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I love this thread - cool stuff . I'll have an old teardrop someday , to tow behind my shoebox . That oughtta get some attention ;) .

4. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Came across this and off to see it tomorrow. Early 60's Viking Fiberline, one owner. All original, dry and well kept van inside and out. Slightly bigger than my current van and has a nicer, more rounded look to it. Comes with a host of optional items that the original owner ordered. Would need new fabrics, carpet and a few rubbers here and there but a nice complete, very straight, untouched van. Few weekends work buffing, fixing and detailing, matching the rims up to my car with WW's etc and job done. I'll see what it's like tomorrrow and if its not silly money i may have a new mini project i hadn't planned for.

All good fun!

[​IMG]

Update................

It was a POS. The pictures were old and didn't match the state of the thing. Not worth touching as totally damp and rotten. The guy was a clown and wanted daft money for it.

I'll keeps my eyes open as there are nice vans out there, just have to be the right place the right time.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  5. That is a Blue Bird bus. Exceptional build quality,could be had with a CAT or a Cummins engine, as well as a couple of gasser options. Very nice rigs, and well worth the $$$.

6. Loppy

Loppy

Love this thread, but curious. Aren't all threads on the HAMB suppose to follow the pre-64 rule. Not that I don't appreciate some post-64 stuff, but the line has to be drawn and enforced somewhere. Other sites cover that stuff. But that's just me.

7. trimph1

trimph1

I'm suspecting that it was a trailer used by salespeople to display certain goods..like jewelry maybe?

A wonderful little trailer :):)

8. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Yeah, early FEMA trailer

9. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

FEMA, are you sure?

I believe FEMA was established in the late 70's.

10. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

I remember that back in the day there were two BIG RV Clubs. Wally Byam club for Airstream,which is still around and another club whose name escapes me....(Woodall?)..for all other brands.

Members of both groups put their ID numbers on their rigs in large letters on the front and the rear. Hers an example of the lettering on Airstream

http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageSRC=Photos

Both clubs had (have) big rallies and the large numbers on the RV are used as a "address" to locate your rig at the giant rallies...also helped to quickly identify other club members on the road etc.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  11. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

That's more what I thought the numbers are on my Scotty.

I'm hoping someone might recognize something about these on mine, what club, etc. I'm real curious to see if I can find some more histoy on it!

Attached Files:

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that's a neat camper, keith! i don't think i've ever seen it.

13. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I picked it quite a few years ago out of CT real reasonable.
    I WILL tow cross country one of these years, but for now we use it local. Pulled it behind the '37 to Rhinebeck the last 3 years, and use it at local camp grounds during the summer. We had fixed the stuff that was broke, or worn, but left it pretty much stock keepin it low $$ fun! :D

Pics are from post 266...

Attached Files:

14. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Man, that thing is almost identical to mine a couple pages back! Got any interior shots of it? I havnt seen any others like mine with a front kitchen!?

Jon

15. Black coupe

Black coupe

Hi
    I have just bought this Eriba Tritton
    To go behind my panel van.
    Cheers Andy

Attached Files:

16. That's hard and fast for the Classifieds (with very few exceptions!). But, doesn't an old RV behind an old car get your johnson up? Roll with it, life's too short to worry about things like that. The mods are allowing it, that is all that matters.

17. Those are RV club numbers. FEMA didn't exist until 1979, when Jimmy Carter rolled several existing emergency agencies into one, by Executive Order.

Real FEMA trailers do not have big, giant numbers on them, anyway.

18. screwball

screwball

not when it comes to drag cars ether also the step van post or the low rider posts. I bet you could not tell the difference between a 1964 Scotty and a 1965 Scotty trailer.

19. 1947 ford

1947 ford
    from missori

My 1940 Ford and pop up camper.

20. Loppy

Loppy

Patrick, patrick, patrick, c'mon man, you've been here long enough to know the rules aren't just for the Classifieds. As for life, and worry. All is cool, just prefer not to weed through the OT content that sneaks in when I'm here for exactly not that. If every HAMB member abused this, the HAMB would suck. Thankfully, OT abuse is low. As it is, I hate even writing this, and apologize to those who are reading this.

And. Why you have to bring my johnson into it ; )

Peace, love, and campers

21. Jim

Jim

Here is mine and it is a 58 "Corvette" so that will make this an allowable post!

[​IMG]

Dry rot being repaired:

[​IMG]

interior after replacing bad birch:

[​IMG]

Original laminate was too expensive so we used vintage valentines:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  22. Loppy

Loppy

Screwball, your observations are not without merit. However, you can just post your thoughts here on this thread for all to see. You don't have to go off line and PM me with personal challenges, knowledge tests, and boasts of your experience. Me? I call it like I see it, even at the risk of being called a "pre 1964 militant", as you wrote. Not true, but I like it. If the moderators aren't flagging OT abuse, then shame on them. And shame on us for allowing it. I'm sure we can all agree we don't want the HAMB to evolve into something we dislike. Sure some "things" were designed pre-64 then carried over post-64. Those "things" are perfectly allowed and welcomed here. I guess you missed my, "...Not that I don't appreciate some post-64 stuff..." part. Campers for sure fall into this category. Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Peace ; )

23. Loppy

Loppy

24. mickeymoto48

mickeymoto48

Saw this at the beach the other day.

Attached Files:

25. What does that have to do with vintage campers?
    please delete it.

26. trimph1

trimph1

@Jim: Oh my...great looking trailer there...

27. trimph1

trimph1

uuummmmm...maybe the camper is vintage...but the boat??????:eek::confused:

28. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

That's really pretty, nice job. I'm about to tear into my '53 Tini-Home "Canned HAMB" project, it's in a little worse shape than your Corvette, but saveable. There's a thread here, look for "Canned HAMB project" and it'll pop up. I like the Valentines card table finish, very cool.

Brian

29. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

This is a Cat 3208 powered Wanderlodge,its the XV anniversary edition.
    Its been painted and the headlights changed from round to square.
    A very well built coach.
    Read all about Wanderlodges by Blue Bird on www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com

30. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

1965 Wanderlodge Has a genuine 409 truck engine and it ran when I kicked the owner off my parking lot. Too bad, it would have been a very cool project.

Attached Files: