Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else here obsessed with antiques

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Dec 21, 2011.

1. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

Any old gas pumps. I have been buying, selling and restoring them for many years. Never seem to get enough of them.

2. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Cool thread, a little like an Antiques Anonymous meeting! :D LOL. I am drawn like a moth-to-flame for anything old. :cool: They make me feel a tangible connection to the owners from generations that have gone before. :eek: Things with motors and wheels, glass, coins, guns, books, mags, comics, posters, sculpture, etc., etc.!:eek:

3. Love old stuff and have bought a lot of it over the years, mostly stuck in a drawer somewhere.

Coke cooler, had to have one for the car shows. Rarely used, heavy as...

Old maps

License plates all over the garage

Valve covers, same as above

4. screwball

screwball

I dig old stuff but hate antiques. As a X antique dealer the arts fartsie can keep there presious antiques and I will stick to kool krap. By the way KOOL KRAP was the name of my shop untill the antique dealers complained to the mall cops and threatened me to change my name.

5. outlaw256

outlaw256

man i love just about anything old. cars are my first love then anything car related then on and on and on. and thats why i keep my old wife!

6. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Some of you guys are going to end up on that show 'Hoarders.'

7. I wouldn't say I am obsessed, as I would sell it all in a heartbeat, but I have collected in the past. Hickory shafted golf clubs. I have around 60, many from the 1800s...mostly from Scotland.

Also have about 100 old soldering irons from Europe. Like this...also have a few of the blow torches..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  8. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Does my 1888 sail boat qualify as an antique....?

Attached Files:

9. RAY With

RAY With

Well I have been collecting cigarette lighters since 1945 and have some where in the neighborhood of 5,000 and some of which have been movie props. Many old zippo's and unique type. Then there are the Traditional lighters,cars and engines--LOL

Attached Files:

10. Old Victorian houses..restored two already and quit after I got the last one featured in "Texas Homes" magazine. 25 years ago..

11. I collect
    militaria (esp WWII USAAF stuff)
    78rpm records (1930's, 1940's and 1950's popular music)
    Bakelite
    1930's furniture
    Pretty much any Americana I can lay my hands on
    Oh and my house is antique! (Built in 1659!)

12. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I even like looking through antique stores for goodies, anything from odd vintage soda bottles to car parts.

13. I have a bunch of old odd stuff, very eclectic kinda, anywho, I have a 1915 edison diamond disc player, unrestored all original and works , also have a victrola parts machine, i dig the edison one lots.

14. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

I do, but I've been in the "sell" mode since I lost job last month.

15. grazy

grazy

Old toy Hot Rods & Racecars,tether cars with model airplane engines ,anything auto advertising,60s shifter muscle bikes,my wife says I must be collecting Metal flake steering wheels now how many do you need to have a collection ?

16. Yes siree! As I get older though, I realize they don't make antiques like they used to be when I was growing up.

Doug.

17. House- 1894
    OVB Tool Box 1912-
    a bunch of model T/A tools & Jack
    Antuique Craftsman woodworking equipment
    Antique hand tools. Mechanic and Wood working
    a few toys
    a few bottles
    coins and bills
    2 sets of "handyman encyclopedias from the early 60's
    My Grandmothers collection of clothes irons- one is kerosene
    Grandmothers collection of old school barber tools.
    some items that go "Bang"
    a couple of "Car Dollies"
    IH model LA stationary engine, with feed grinder
    some antique rigging and material handling items
    1960's garden tractors. 1939 farm tractor, horse drawn plow
    as of today- 4 farm trucks form 30's to 40's
    Just about anything old is interesting to me. I just cant collect it all.

Mostly anything that I can save from the scrap that is within budget is gonna go home with me.

Ususlly i dig the stuff that doesnt have an entire culture of EBAY hounds obsessing over it.

18. I have these old items in the shop and lots of restored antiques in my home.

Attached Files:

19. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

I honestly believe growing up around antiques since I was born has led to my deep passion for Traditional Hotrods. Both of my parents were lifelong avid antique collectors & dealers. Spent many a night sleeping in a field in a camper, to be first in line to sell the next morning!!!

20. burnout2614

burnout2614

Yep. I am shocked when I see a dumpster show up at a deceased person's house. Some people refuse to have a estate sale! When I ask if I can look in the dumpster I get more "no" than "yes". peace

21. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Movable bottle stoppers and Arts & Craft light.

Attached Files:

22. Ed Wrath

Ed Wrath

Our love of 'patina' extends way beyond cars..........................Even the house is 400 years old!

Attached Files:

23. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Yup, since my mother owns two antique stores....I go to buy, pick, search with her, and she keeps her favorite things at home. I tell people that our house is like cracker barrel. The living room has all types of old furniture, over 20 pieces of pottery (jugs, crocks, and her favorite, butter churns) plus a few knick-knacks. Then in the kitchen she has advertising, utensils, etc. My favorite is an early 50's Merita bread and Lone Ranger poster. She has all kinds of cans, and other stuff in there. The hall way between the kitchen and office and other stuff is the general store hall way. She has an old 1920's crank phone on the wall I gave her, and old bench quilt, a big painting of some black folk (not being racist) picking cotton with a big southern plantation house in the background. Then in my office, I have all kinds of Coca-Cola and other soda stuff. I do have a few automotive related stuff, but not as much as ya'll. My favorite thing to collect is advertising, whether it's cars, tobacco, food/drink, etc.

-Cody

24. codeblu

codeblu

Pipes and pocketwatches

25. Bud Reynolds

Bud Reynolds

All my life I have been fascinated with anything mechanical. Whether it is cars, clocks or anything old.
    Bud Reynolds
    <O:p></O:p>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Hell yeah! Old toys, furniture, license plates, coins, letters & documents, etc, etc, etc. Old shit is cool! Even our house is old...built in 1910:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Cub8556

Cub8556

I m under the age of 30 and love old mechanical things. Everything was so much better built. Amazing what was accomplished without the use of electronics and computers. I have a collection of cameras from the 50s that are just works of art.

28. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

My house is a plain little post-and-beam that was built in 1959 and unchanged since then from the wall light fixtures down to the boomerang Formica countertops. I'm lucky to have the Danish Modern chairs, corner table and lamp my folks bought in the late '50s; along with a mid-50s dining room set I got from a friend who was moving back east. In my den I have a steel desk that had been dumped at my previous house, a parking meter lamp, a '58 Edsel grille (13th birthday present) on the wall along with a bunch of license plates and a little shadow box in which I mounted all my parents' old DAV keychain license tags going back to 1952. Most of the rest of my furniture is vintage stuff gathered on the cheap from estate sales; my favorite is a mahogany '50s modern asymmetrical German-made china cabinet that holds most of my model cars.

29. Just a couple pics from the shop. Love to buy, sell and collect, have done it for years. Really wanting to concentrated on bicycles and signage now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  30. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Yes I'm hooked, Always dragging something home from an auction, bicycles,trucks,furniture,boxes,lamps well you get the idea.