Register now to get rid of these ads!

rear grilles! pics and howd it get done??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29hotrod55kustom, Dec 20, 2011.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

If you mean 58 Biscayne etc lights in there I think it would look great! Ya got a set to mock up? I really love the rear grille idea as well...someday I will build a car with a rear grille!

2. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

yea biscaynes. and no i do not. i will need to find some.

so today i was helping scrap this old work truck... it had two old finned aluminum cal custom scoops on the hood... homeboy broke em and scrapped the hood before i could grab them :-( laammmeeee

3. [​IMG]

Dude, that's pretty crazy... It would scare people following you.:eek::D
    (sorry for the Gigantor pic...)

4. hotdamn

hotdamn

can I just say how much I love your car bro...

that think is as 1960 little pages as it gets, kutos for such a spot on build :)

5. hotdamn

hotdamn

and twochops, props to you for building a kustom out of a retractable hardtop, I have always thought those would make for a dialed kustom and yours is a perfect illustration of that.

6. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Cant tell enuff how much i dig your car. one of my top ten favorite customs of today.

Sounds real good, the Bisc bezels would look great imo. show the progress!

7. I think you should keep the trim chrome, and do a grille in there. But how to keep the tailgate functional?

8. Zykotec

Zykotec

You can keep the tailgate functional by doing two tube-grilles, one on vertical ribs on the tailgate, an one under it. I guess the distance between the horizontal ribs will be dictated by the hinges. I made a really, really, quick photochop. Flake , Thunderbird and Caddy taillights are optional :p
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with a rear grille

9. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Thank you very much guys, I appreciate it..

10. LostHope

LostHope

Heres my 1966 c10 im making a rear floating grill on to resemble the front floating grill i made, I wanted the same grill lines as the front so i cut and spliced two grills together ,this is still in a mock up stage and the top bar will be smoothed with no lettering and most likely only use drawer/door knobs to make the inside grill's(no bullets):

front grill:
    [​IMG]

mock up of the idea of rear grill, the cardboard i painted black thats just taped on flush will be recessed metal boxs painted black on the inside that will hold the drawer knobs like they are floating and you wont see under the truck through the grill:
    [​IMG]

11. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

On the taillight lenses, have you thought about either '59 Olds 88 or '59 Pontiac Catalina? Edsel taillight lenses, ironically, were supposed to fill the bezels that year but Ford decided to save a few bucks' tooling expense on an already moribund car and they went with the leftover Lincoln lenses. Too bad.

12. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

13. LostHope

LostHope

Well heres how it turned out:
    [​IMG]

14. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

that turned out SWEET! hmm, damn you! got me rethinking my rear bumper ideas. lol