Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker Guys on the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodysrods, Sep 24, 2011.

1. mbstude

mbstude

2. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

I qualify....
    63' Champ pickup with 509' Caddy
    37' Dictator two-door razorback
    37' Dictator 3-wheel tadpole roadster pickup (Tribaker)
    50' bullet-nose turbocharged flathead 6 (Turbostude)
    53' Salt2Salt racer which I own jointly with Reverborama

3. OldsRanch

OldsRanch

yerp. 53 Hardtop, dad bought in 59, was a b/gas car with a 389 pontiac.

4. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

i think I drool over this wagon every time that I see it.

5. uglyoldcrow

uglyoldcrow

They were also Great Race Boat Motors! This one is running a V8 Stude with 4 stromberg 97s

Attached Files:

6. more of my 41 study truck. getting it back togather now will be riding soon.... ooh yeaae:):):):cool:

Attached Files:

7. 50's dreams

50's dreams
    from colo spgs

I have loved the 50's trucks for a long time. I was able to get a 54 c cab recently and love it.

8. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

uglyoldcrow,

What's the story on your boat? More specifically the trailer, is that the Tom D'eath who was driver of the Bud boat and winner of 3 unlimited Hydroplane Gold Cups?

9. billmac

billmac

hi can i join in just getting back into the car thing ,had hot rods off and on since 1955 .went and bought 49 stude last summer and its just like being a kid again.its a starlite coupe all stock but if my nephew has is way it will be a hot rod

10. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

here's a pic of my 47 from back in the day, in fact that's why I use Stu

Attached Files:

11. jroberts

jroberts

Don't know how I missed this thread. I part of the Stude fan club too. I have a '61 Champ pickup with an genuine R1 engine with a 3 spd/od tranny. Also have a '65 Cruiser that is under reconstruction. Hopefully it will be on the road in a couple of months. I have kept the original 283 that has been warmed up a bit.

12. Stude Kurt

Stude Kurt
    from Illinois

Somehow I missed this too.... Great to here from the Studefolk over here. I will have to post pics of mine soon.

13. 54RAT

54RAT

Hey Brian, saw your truck up in Bellingham at the Stude meet last year. VERY NICE!! I live in Oregon, don't get on here too much, I have a 63 lark and a 56 hawk. Have had many Studes over the years, and plan to have many more. I also belong to the SDC national, but am not active on the forum. Hope to meet you at a show sometime.

14. flynstone

flynstone

my 55 1/2 conistoga

Attached Files:

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'd like to see more of this '38...looks to me like it's got a '46-'48 Chevy Fleetline roof and/or body and a Stude front end...

And I agree, the headlights have to go...

R-

16. Had a 65 Cruiser, did pull off the cruiser emblems and 1 hubcap wish I'd kept the perfect dash, steering wheel and column. Rest of it was just rust, did have stude v8 and auto.

Thanks to Santa now have a 65 stude truck, a 2011 Hot Wheel offering. All you stude guys should try to track one down. Its pretty sweet.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  17. Hairy1

Hairy1
    from Lathrop,CA

Just picked this up for my wife. 59 Lark hard top with an inline flatty and T5. Merry Christmas to her!

Attached Files:

18. txcr13

txcr13

I'll get pics of my '46 posted one of these months.

19. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Mine...'53 Starlight Coupe, 289 "Clover Leaf" block, re-worked supercharge 57 Golden Hawk heads, dual Rochester 2-G carbs.on a Edmunds manifold, Delco window distributor with Pertronix Ignitor, R-1/R-2 cam,
    8 inch Ford diff., Borg Warner T-10 4-speed trans. '59 Hawk dash with extra Steward Warners.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  20. Oooh yeah rocky .....

21. hollywoodemt911

hollywoodemt911

hey guys ...new to the threads but i have a question and needing some help on from people that i know have crossed this bridge already...i have a 46 studebaker truck been in the family for least 37 years ...fixing to start on the rebuild and hot rod it.....was wanting to know about the frame....do a mustang 2 front end and ford 9 in or 8.8 rear end or look for a donor frame from another type of car possible ford explorer or something else....im a ford gut if you couldnt tell...i will be putting a 302 or351 in it fuel injected so im just trying to make it easier....any help from you guy will be appreciated

22. PackardV8

PackardV8

You didn't say, but have you ever driven it? Put many miles on it? I've owned many Stude trucks over the years and the main question - How tall/big are you?

Reason I ask, I knew a big guy who loved the look of old Stude trucks, bought one, paid bucks to have it rodded, then found it was too small inside for him to be comfortable driving it any distance. He was twenty grand into it by the time he discovered the miss-fit and no surprise, hasn't been able to find anyone else who thinks it's worth what he's got in it.

jack vines

23. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Love this thread.I`m an old Studieaholic.My first car was a `53 Starlite coupe.Second was a 54 starlite coupe.Third was a `57 Pelham wagon.Just wish I had the funds to get another.Great cars and trucks.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

24. bstie

bstie

Hollywood...I am just wrapping up a build like you are describing pm me and I can fill you in on what I did. I installed a mustang II and a ford 8.8 inch rear with an air ride suspension. 383 stroker motor and a turbo 400 trans....

Attached Files:

25. hollywoodemt911

hollywoodemt911

im about 250lbs and 5-10....ive sat in few year ago and day dreamed .....im prob going to do different seats

26. hollywoodemt911

hollywoodemt911

hey thanks for that info.....i got a few older friends that have built things and they say do the mustang 2 clip ..i sell mustang parts 87-95 ...so i have some stuff to chose from...i got an explore motor to drop in it ...i was just wondering what most did about the frames

27. hollywoodemt911

hollywoodemt911

hey thanks for that info.....i got a few older friends that have built things and they say do the mustang 2 clip ..i sell mustang parts 87-95 ...so i have some stuff to chose from...i got an explore motor to drop in it ...i was just wondering what most did about the frames

28. bstie

bstie

I kept the original frame it is plenty strong!

29. hollywoodemt911

hollywoodemt911

i personally think it will be a cheaper project since i have everything except the front mustang 2 clip....yours looks great i wish i could be where you are at now!

30. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

Sounds like he needs to either drop the price, pony up some real cash to get the cab and frame extended, or start posting classifieds in Short Person Monthly!