Register now to get rid of these ads!

Electric fuel pump review

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rod and Wheeler, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Sixguns

Sixguns

edelbrock has what they call the "quiet flow", comes in two pressures. you should check them out. I Run one on my 36 after I ditched the Carter.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. vert1940

vert1940

i run the holley red pump...mainly because the block has no provision for a mechanical pump....found out by accident that if you add seafoam to a tank of gas it makes the red pump quiet as hell....for a while

3. mosimpson

mosimpson

Don -
    Do you plumb the Jeggs pump inline with the mechanical pump, or do you install a bypass line so the mechanical pump doesn't have to pull through the electrical pump?

4. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

On a AFB,I can't get floats to seal if anything over 5.5 psi.

5. Grumbler

Grumbler

I bought a Holley 12-125 geroter style pump and like it. I had an Aeromotive vane style and the racket was a non starter with me. The Holley has a quiet mum mum mum sound and doesn't require a regulator for carb applications

http://www.holley.com/12-125.asp

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  6. I am running a Holley blue on my gasser,works real good but as everyone has said it is loud as hell at idle I can hear it over the pipes.

7. George G

George G

Same here. Not impressed with it.

8. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

don't forget the Facet pumps, they are inline pumps and have been around forever, many of them will also dry lift fuel 24 inches out of a top outlet tank.

9. fordor41

fordor41

I use a $30 universal pump from Advance auto. Puts out 8 PSI, regulate it down to about 3-3.5 PSI. Can't hear it run, they last for years. I used the same pump for about 8 yrs and was getting a bit noisy, told the counter guy I was taking a trip and he said bring it in & I'll give you a new one. Probably been 7-8 yrs on that one.