Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best way to ship tires?? New York to Cali

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lakermatt, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Lakermatt

Lakermatt
    BANNED
    from Fresno,CA

Hello everyone. I need some advice on the best way to ship 4 tires from New York to California. I heard some people talking About Greyhound?? I was thinking about UPS, but I need something cheaper if possible. Let me know... Thanks!!

2. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Search greyhound on here, it turns out bad more often than good. I just use ups. Cody from Hurst racing tires shipped me my slicks via ups as well and I'm sure he has done his homework with the number of tires he ships.

3. FedEx Ground may be a little cheaper. Just cut some cardboard to cover the holes and tape them up. Although, if you can box them so they're square it may actually be cheaper, they both have a charge for stuff that's not square.

4. nfleone

nfleone

Greyhound has a size limit of 30x47x82 and 100# per package max.
    Wrap 2 tires together put labels on both tires in each package,right on each tire not on the 2 together after wrapped. Should cost about $55 each pair if station to station.
    I ship alot of Greyhound.

Nick

5. tire rackdotcom will strap a pair together with bands and then give them to UPS to deal with youll need to check with UPS on protocol

6. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

I shipped 4 tires. Bundle them in 2's. I used fiber tape criss-cross. Used Fedex ground. But Greyhound would work too.

7. 01spirit750

01spirit750
    from Ohio

I used Grayhound a few years. I shipped some tires to the midwest. I guess there were no issues.

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Go to the end of the pier where the ship parts are located and ask someone where the ship tires are at. Gary

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  9. I've used Greyhound for shipping tires. No issues.

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

Best - Greyhound works and costs less and their prices are good.

Good - UPS is good but there prices are high.

OK - Fed-X is price in the middle.

When using Greyhound check and see where their drop off point is for large packages. My drop off point was 30 miles away.

CRUISER :cool:

11. raidmagic

raidmagic

I shipped wheels and tires and just tires using Fed Ex. I've just wrapped them with shrinkwrap and when I shipped them with wheels I've covered the wheel itself with cardboard. You can buy shrinkwrap most anywhere by a roll for cheap.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Get some TYVEC from some construction people and wrap the tire with it, stuff is super strong and keeps the weight and size to a minumum. FedEx Ground is the way I ship stuff.

13. Lakermatt

Lakermatt
    BANNED
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks for the input fellas!! Looks like I will play with fedex and greyhound for the pricing. I guess I can't go wrong with either as I bought a set of BRAND NEW BF goodrich silvertown wide whites for 260 bucks!!!

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if in no hurry wait till after the Holiday rush. have used greyhound with no issues - take advice above for protecting and labeling.

15. fuzzface

fuzzface

It's been a while but i've used greyhound and amtrak in the past, no problems with either one. You just need to drop off and pickup at a regular terminal and not just a pickup and dropoff spot(passengers).