Register now to get rid of these ads!

Street/Gasser clutch & transmission? Recomendations?? What works??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldguard, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Well, it got here! Holy Bat Shit! It is long and heavy, the ship ticket said 207#! We were unpacking it and in one of the sealed bags was a Purple Anodized Tool and I told my buddy it was for setting the shifting preload and it was a glorified fish scale and he starts laughing and said "Yep It sure is" and on the side it says "Bass Pro Shops!" Funny stuff! Well now to save more money for the clutch and always the next needed part....Maybe I will make it to the HAMB Drags someday.
    [​IMG]

2. If you have a rock crusher it should hold up fine. There was a time that I would have told you to get a Zoom clutch but I doubt that they are available any more. I have installed McCleod clutches in more modern street/strip cars. I do know that they hold up well and don't slip.

Well since I ppsted without reading the entire thread I see you are going with a Lenco. Not a traditional tranny by no means but they are cool to the bone. I have wanted one for years. Good choice.

3. squirrel

squirrel

Did you see the cover car on the latest issue of Hot Rod? came in the mail yesterday. It's sporting a lenco. And a HAMB tag :)

4. Well, not 50s 60s traditional but they came out in 1970 which is good for what I am trying to do, a mid 70s theme Street Freak theme.

5. I put a Jeffco in a 57 Chevy for a customer. 632" and 868 HP on the Dyno all motor. The nice thing about the Jeffco is it downshifts easily so makes for a nice street drive able trans
    Jeff used to work for Lenco. He passed away a year or so ago, but the shop is still turning out his vision for the best transmissions http://www.jeffcoperformance.com/

6. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I'd trade my turbo 400 for a M-22 in a heartbeat. I love sticks!

7. straightaxlenova

straightaxlenova

On my car, I ended up welding in a rolled sheetmetal trans tunnel with a removable top, and removable velcro carpet. I modified the stock cross member, and made a flexible mount by sandwiching a piece of rubber inside of the mount brackets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011