Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Airport Drags Denison Tx (VIDS)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Oct 30, 2011.

1. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

so thats where some of you texans were.....................

2. RAY With

RAY With

No traction? breaking loose? Sliding sideways on the big end? Hell that's how it was back in the days and a guy hand or flag starting the cars. Back peddling was an art back then and on all the early tracks 1953-55 era this is how it was. We did have a good time and going back to those days would be a plus.

3. rednek

rednek
    from Daisy,OK

That sounds like fun!

4. Looks like fun! I think old airport runways are a pretty good time, traction or not.:D

5. Sweeeeeeet. That video of the 55 wagon and Anglia look like my bud Jim Coons cars from Des Moines area.

6. The Shocker

The Shocker

You have obviously ran on a runway before sir ,cuz you just described it to a "T".Sliding Sideways at 90 mph will get your attention and i never realised how spoiled i was racing on a preped track till this deal .My left foot was actually tired from the back and forth on the throttle and i wish i woulda had a dime for each time i said "cum'on you bitch" while trying to get the slicks to bite as i was watching my oponent getting further away . I agree everyone needs a dose of this caca to appeciate our pioneers of drag racing :)...

7. duke182

duke182

just found these.
    thanks for sharing.
    i didnt get to go thisyear so those were really cool to see

8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Man that's cool! May be a trip in order next year!

9. sololobo

sololobo

Cool vids, love it. Man I dig your Dodge, awesome, great running car! ~sololobo~

10. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Man that is just how they did it back in the day... Pretty darn cool alright!

11. Race Artist

Race Artist

This isn't a 1962 vintage film ... the white truck in the background is much more recent vintage. These are undoubtedly nostalgia S/S cars. Also just because the Chevy has a scoop doesn't mean that it is supercharged ... standard practice for southern-southwestern S/S-F/X cars back then were homemade and aftermarket hood scoops. NHRA didn't allow them but most in the South didn't give a damn what NHRA said. Anyway, these are two really nicely done Nostalgia S/S cars, both look like a mix of fictional/tribute cars built in the style of the early sixties era S/S-F/X racing. Nice video nonetheless. Thanks for posting.
    Joel