Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 35 Ford 3-window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fomocokid, Oct 25, 2010.

1. oldman2

oldman2

Nice comeback, .....Jim

2. squarebird352

squarebird352

where did you pick up your wheel adapters for the rear?? I gotta 5x4.5 bolt patern and wanna run 48 ford wheels with the 5x5.5 bolt pattern!

3. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

I got them from adaptitusa.com they are very nice quality and not that terribly expensive when they run sales

4. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

I decided to make my garnish moldings out of some 2-door and 4-door sedan moldings. This way I can sell the original 3 window moldings for some more fundage. I got the driver's side done today

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  5. 53 effie

53 effie

Wow, I just spent a good portion of my evening reviewing this build. Somehow I missed it before.

And I saw the work you did on that 28 roadster in person earlier today. I used to be a bodyman years back and have to renew my skills. Not so sure I can get to the level you are at though.

Just DAMNN...

6. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

I got my steering wheel back with some primer and guide coat on it. I got a squirrel cage for free. I knocked it apart because I wanted the motor to mount on the opposite side. I welded it back together with a corner weld instead of there being an overlap. I then made an adapter to mount it to the heater

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  7. oldman2

oldman2

Nice job on the steering wheel and the heater....Jim

8. stlcrzn

stlcrzn

Looks good as always.:cool:

9. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

My parents brought my seat down last night so I finally got to sit in my car!

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  10. TomH

TomH

I assume they hauled a load not just the seat. You gona drive the Coment down on one of your trips.

11. oldman2

oldman2

Did you make any engine sounds, or just sit there smilin'......Jim

12. Russ V.

Russ V.

Killan

I have followed your progress from the start and want to echo all the compliments that you have earned. Compliments on the HAMB do not come easy or automatically!!

Take it from an Old Goat, you are a special guy with unlimited talent and super commitment to the job....keep up the great work!!!!:D

You are always welcome to visit Great Falls or Yuma, Arizona.

Russ V.

13. Rusty Cheese

Rusty Cheese

Dig the shifter nob!!

14. squarebird352

squarebird352

thanks alot man, just picked up a Tri-power for my 256, moneys short right now,but the prices are reasonable, gonna put my order in next week. thanks again for the info!

15. Love this build!

16. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

The skills that you have developed at your young age is just unbelievable. Keep up the excellent work and that is a very fitting touch that your did with the shift knob and your grandfathers St. Christopher medal.

17. Murch

Murch

Just spent awhile looking through the whole thread, your a metal magician! Keep up the great work! You'll be on the road before ya know it.

Murch.

18. jamiee

jamiee

were did you find the crash test dummy??? looking good man, lunch on fri?

19. 18n57

18n57

^^^ouch!
    Starting to work on my '29 roadster and I'm gonna use some of the interior bracing ideas I saw on the '28. Keep up the good work, Kellen..

20. TomH

TomH

ha ha ha!!!

21. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

Sweet build...coming along nicely.

22. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

man this is really coming along. i remember you pulling it into HRI. i was building the vw with the caddy fins on it.

i really love the glove box and the shifter knob.

the 3w with the louvers in the roof is interesting, how does that drain when it rains. or is it a garage kept, no rainy weather rider?

23. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

The panel with louvers is bonded to a solid piece of steel. I think he might put some drain holes in the base of some of the louvers. you would have to ask him for sure

24. oldman2

oldman2

Hey it's been a couple weeks since you posted, hope everything is OK, and just the holidays put you behind.....Jim

25. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

Had the holidays then my parents moved down here so I was helping with that and then we didnt have any internet this whole week. Things have still been happening. I will get some pics up on monday for sure

26. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

Well heres what Ive been up to. I cleaned the primer off of the drivers fenderskirt. I then made the bottom mounts for it. This side wasnt as far off as the other side. I made the piece to re-radius it and welded it in. I still have to work the weld, sorry no pics of this yet. I traded some spare parts for a better set of running boards. I also bought my tires. Coker classic radials. 6.00 16 for the front and 6.50 16 for the rear. I am going to have the wheels powder coated soon. I will be running 16X4 front and 16X5 for the rear.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  27. Damn just went through this post completly and man do you have skills, great, no exceptional job!!
    What are your plans for the flatty? A blower should fit in there just fine.....
    another one to subscribe to.....

28. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

Finally got some time and finished the skirt and the mounts for it

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  29. Fomocokid

Fomocokid
    from Rapid City

The flatty will have aluminum heads and intake. Nothing special. I would love a blower but thats way out of my price range

30. oldman2

oldman2

Skirts look good and fit great....Jim