Register now to get rid of these ads!

Loss of the greatest man I ever knew

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Red Rocket, Dec 20, 2011.

1. December 18-2011 at 10:20 PM I lost my Dad at the age of 95. I will miss he dearly he taught me so much in life I will never forget him. Born March 24 -1916. I can only imagine what he has all seen in his life. He served in WWII from December 2 – 1944 to February 11 – 1946 but never talked about it.
    My mom handed me a brown envelope that said Official Records Aug 1945 in there was a booklet with maps and information on the island of Tinian where he was stationed, also with letter of commendation.
    He was a baker, medical aidman for 12 months, expert Rifleman, and observed the Enola Gay B-29 bomber take off for Japan. I had no idea he was involved with that part of the war, mom told me he had helped unload the Little Boy bomb from the ship and that was his letter of commendation unloading the ship in five days when tentatively set for twelve days.
    He build 4 houses for himself over life time, he was a mason, carpenter, mechanic, plumber, repaired watches for the guys in WWII, bee keeper, raised quails, gardened, farmed, worked on his Aunts mink ranch raising mink and skinning them for pelts and the list goes on. William A Stipe Sr
    Bill Stipe Jr

Attached Files:

2. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Sorry to hear of your loss - Mayor

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. It sounds like he enjoyed a full, wonderful life to the end, which is all any of us can hope for. That, and the love and respect of family and friends who knew us. May he rest in peace.

Don

4. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

May he rest in Peace.

5. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Sorry for your loss...............................

6. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

RIP Bill. Sounds like a man who lived a full life.

7. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

It is always nice to celebrate ones life. To often we find out who our loved ones really are after they are gone.

My grandmother turn 100 the day after christmas. I always enjoy talkin to her about, the first car, traffic lights, roads and then Super highways, phone, record player, out houses, running water, the war ( She was a riviter) TV, and the list goes on and on. She traveled coast to coast on a train.

May he rest in peace.

8. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Sounds like a great man, sorry for your loss.

9. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I can't help but wonder if the successors of the Greatest Generation can measure up to the calibre of their forebearers. I know those who serve some can, but I wonder about the rest - especially our political leaders. Sorry for your loss. Your dad WAS truly a fine man.

10. boutlaw

boutlaw

My Dad died at age 99. You and I are blessed that we got to have our Dads around that long. Most don't. Your Dad, like most Dads was special, and from the greatest generation. The respect you have for him is evident in your post. He taught you that. Pass that knowledge and work ethic on to your children and grandchildren. Sorry for your loss.

11. Just talked to my dad on the phone today ... it is his 89th birthday. Same as your's, WW2 vet that taught me everything I know ..... they ARE the greatest generation.
    Blessings

12. Lost my dad at age 82. He was born in 1923. Just imagine all the stuff they witnessed! Car replacing the horse,Airplanes/jets,TV,Pearl Harbor,WWII,Kennedy Assisnation.....the list goes on! We will never live the same life they did.
    Hope you shared as many stories as you could. I sure wish I would asked more questions before he passed.
    Sorry for your loss...

13. They were the ones that served so that we may live. God bless him and so sorry for your loss. God had a good plan for him that lasted for 9 decades.

14. terryble

terryble
    from canada

I lost my Dad in 1995 and miss him as much today as when it happened. I still ask myself what would Dad do in this situation when I have a problem. They are from the greatest generation but we are from the luckiest generation for being their children. I love that picture of you with your Dad in the T.

15. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

16. BillyM

BillyM

Very sorry for your loss....sounds like he is someone you must be very proud of! My thoughts are with you.

17. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Sorry to hear about you losing your Dad.

I lost my Dad in '03, at age 84.
    There isn't a day that goes by I don't think of him. I miss sharing with him what I may be working on.

Take care.

18. DK23

DK23

Sorry for your loss of what sounds like an amazing man. My dad is 96, and I realize how lucky I am to still have him around.
    Please accept my heartfelt sympathies.

19. plan9

plan9

we can only hope to achieve a fraction of his experiences....that was a life well spent. god speed.

20. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

sorry for your loss , may god be with you through these hard times

21. greg ducato

greg ducato

May he rest in peace and may your family find comfort in your shared memories of his life.

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

So sorry for your loss. RIP Bill. Lost my Dad two years ago and wish I could be half the man he was.

23. 37_chevy

37_chevy
    from Nebraska

Just wanted to add my condolences. I lost my Dad in '94 at the age of 75. I miss him a lot.
    One of my favorite memories is when he slid his "fishing car" into a tree on the driver side. He told me not to tell mom as she never looked at that side.:cool:
    Hold on to the good memories.

24. 50styleline

50styleline

Sounds like you got a lot to be proud of. Celebrate his life and accomplishments with more of people that did not know him and it will cement his memory on this world. On the day my Dad passsed we abided by his wishes. Threw a party with BBq, horseshoes, volleyball and more. No one in the immediate family wore black. Go on with life as you know he would have wanted it,,,,,God Bless

25. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

so sorry to hear off your loss. I'll keep you in my prayers.

26. ratfink56

ratfink56

What a life he led! May he rest in peace knowing he left a wonderful son to carry on.

27. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Sorry for you and your families loss...He obviously made a major impact on your life....and as they say the branch doesnt seem like it fell far from the tree...Pass on his great memory to others...You have a lifetime of memories to hold on too....As stated in an earlier post, pass along the knowledge and love he gave ....Unfortunately today many don't have the respect and love for their dads like you've shown...Prayers for you and your family during this trying time....Keep your head high and continue to
    make him proud!

28. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

terryble #14, I couldn't agree with you more and you put it so well. We are of the Luckiest Generation for being their children. They gave us the chance to be whatever we could dream of and we are losing them fast.

29. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

sorry to hear of your fathers passing , i lost mine 9 years ago , its hard but we have to go on by there examples , and it sounds that your father tought and lived by example and that is memories that will be with you forever , my prayers go out to you and your family , god bless you

30. wetatt4u

wetatt4u