Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 57 F100 project.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITMARE, Sep 8, 2009.

1. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

get those steelies painted! Killer looking truck.

2. NITMARE

NITMARE

Thanks man, I am liking it more all the time. I think I'm gonna clean the wheels up this week and just hit em with some black for now.

3. NITMARE

NITMARE

Finally got the look I have been going for almost dialed in. Dropped the rear another 1.5" by fabbing up some rear blocks. Definitely need to C notch the rear now but I was planning to anyway. Spent a couple hours the other night working on the body panel gaps now that the new cab mounts are constructed. For the first time since I have had the truck I can now open the doors without them catching on the fenders and hood closes square. The front cab mounts were so rotted that it was leaning forward and causing everything to bind up. Also laid down some gloss black on the steelies.

Next on the list is to modify the bellhousing for a T5 trans, then a driveshaft, and recover the seat. At that point I will just drive the truck how it is for awhile and enjoy it.

[​IMG]

4. Nice stance!

5. I would like to see more of the cab mounts if you have more pics. Mine are rusted through as well, and I am not thrilled about the prospect of buying new ones.

6. jhutch713

jhutch713

I don't care what anyone says about how ugly the 57 body style is, the long bed 57 f100 is one of my favorite trucks of all times. I plan on building one some day. Good work.

7. Ummmm Ugly????? Really????? Look to the Weesner painting for inspiration. How could anybody think those trucks are ugly??

8. weez

weez

Nice truck, I'd take one!

Attached Files:

9. NITMARE

NITMARE

10. Such a cool and overlooked body style! Looks great!

11. Elrusto

Elrusto

<<<<---- Yeah I kinda diggem too!!

12. Black coupe

Black coupe

[​IMG]cool truck,good luck with the rest of the build.
    Cheers Andy

13. ol dirty

ol dirty

i want to the same straight axle flip as above and bag it.. all the way around… just want to keep straight axle in front… my question is how bad if any is bump steer and the ride… ill prob run mono leaf with bags in front …

14. verde742

verde742

IF you had moved yer axle ahead 1 and 1/2 inch , would it have cleared pan?