Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi lift TRANSMISSION JACK which one to buy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Dec 19, 2011.

1. I would like to buy myself (greedy, I know) a transmission jack that I can use under my new lift for an after Christmas gift to myself. (Very greedy pig!)
    My wife gave me ,for my birthday last week, a Harbor Freight $100 gift card and my son handed me one as well. Nice surprise gifts!
    I've also got a gift card from work for a small amount that I'm hauling around in my wallet.
    I noticed in the latest H.F. ad on line they sell a rugged looking one for around the 4-500 dollar range.
    It's got good reach and lots of adjustments to the angles.
    Anybody on the H.A.M.B. have a track record with one.
    I'm a weekend wrench and probably will only pull 2 transmissions a year and would let my pals use it when needed.
    I don't require a $2,000 pro unit but I need one with some 6 foot of reach.

2. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

I traded about a 1/3 jug of R22 freon for that 100 buck HF jack and it works great. I use an impact to raise and lower it. No problems so far and its been used many times.

3. Is it a hiboy or low profile style?

4. jbtine

jbtine

I've been looking at one from Northern Tools.

5. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

You will use it more than you realize. The one I use is an AC Delco sold by Oriellys auto parts. Cost around 700 bucks.

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Don't know about the $500 one, but the $200 one is junk, someone got me one for x-mas a few years back, it SUCKS.... look on Craigslist and get a good one used, you can rebuild the cylinder if need be, but will be better off in the long run.