Register now to get rid of these ads!

1 barrel rochester carb,rebuild? or change to a 2 of some kind?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by symplesymonsezzz, Dec 19, 2011.

1. symplesymonsezzz

symplesymonsezzz

:confused:Merry Christmas. I have a 1 barrel rocheseter carb which could be rebuilt, or should I consider changing to a 2 barrel carb, and if so is there any benifit to be had by the change. I am not after speed and the per year mileage won't exceed 2000km. ? what to do. Enjoy the holidays, Thanks.

2. carbking

carbking

Welcome to the forums!

It would be much easier to give a specific answer to your question if you gave more information about the application (engine size, transmission type, etc., etc., etc.).

And before someone more rudely points this out, please note that forum guidelines suggest your very first post should be an introduction.

Again, welcome. Lots of very knowledgable people here, who will help you if you give sufficient information with your questions.

Jon.

3. ebfabman

ebfabman

As carbking said, more info is needed to answer your question. It really depends on the intake manifold you're working with.

4. tatersgravy

tatersgravy
    from midwest

The Weber 32/36 is a popular swap on the Chevy inline six. I'm actually looking into doing the swap and will post a few pics. when I start. If you check over at "STEVESNOVAS.COM" there is a bit of info. on this topic.

5. symplesymonsezzz

symplesymonsezzz

Carbking, thanks for the welcome. I must have done somthing wrong. I filled in the, about me section " as seen by others" added some pictures on 11-30-2011, thinking that was my introduction. I did not intend to come across as being "rude". I am not great at using the computer and find things quite confusing. I am new at this " forum stuff" but learning as I go. With regards to more info about the car, it was a 66gmc 1/2ton- 250-6 cyl, 3 speed standard and is now "Duesenberg". ? Should I have used the "edit" option in my post to elaborate more on the car ? or is quick reply the proper way to respond.

6. 1931av8

1931av8

7. 1931av8

1931av8

You can easily rebuild that Rochester, but may not be satisfied due to their tendency to leak (and lose vacuum signal) by warpage at the airhorn to throttle bowl interface.

Lots of traditionalists on this board like multiples for inlines. I am no fan of modern looking stuff like the Webers. I prefer old fashioned looking Carter W-1's. Those will require some simple mod.s on the intake manifold (assuming you are running duals on an aluminum intake) to accomodate the smaller carb to intake bolt centers. Either weld them shut with aluminum and redrill...or epoxy a threaded aluminum stud (screwed flush to the flange surface) and redrill. The later works really well and doesn't require remachining the flange if you get it flush and clean up the epoxy residue.