Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen trailer. Upland, Ca.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TUMBLEWEED GARAGE, Dec 17, 2011.

1. My car trailer was stolen last night from my shop in Upland. It is an older black in color wood deck with about a 30 inch dovetail. The shop is in a complex at Foothill Bl, and Monte Viste Ave (Right at the montclair border). The trailer has a 4000 pound Warn winch on the front tongue. It requires a 2 5/16 ball. Has mis-mathced tail lights. Ramps go in at the back however. They are hard to put in so I leave them on the bed. It has one D-ring on the outside of each side of the tongue and also at the very rear on the inside rails. It has stake pockets also. It has a flip up jack welded to the tongue that would be a pain in the ass to remove. It has 10 ply tires on it with one mis-match tire on white spoke wheels One of the hooks on the safety chains is missing the spring keeper.

I will look to see if i can find a photo.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. I use this trailer several times a week.

Thanks...... Mark (323) 228-5126

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. sucks will look out for it

4. Any Photo yet so i can send it by E-MAIL to those not on the HAMB.........

5. banditomerc

banditomerc

You need to find a picture,hambers are everywhere.good luck,will keep a look out for it.

6. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

My unlocked single axle open trailer diappeared from my shop parking lot a couple years ago. I often wonder if it went for scrap or is somehow had its VIN changed and is sold & retitled to someone else. Was probably worth about $500 but it sure was handy for hauling old motors etc. Never heard anything after making the police report.

My trailers are now locked/secured by heavy cables and locks to buildings, poles, big-assed trees etc. Nothing is sacred anymore......

7. SICBOY

SICBOY

A**HOLES!!!!!! I will keep an eye out for you

8. I seem to have a lot of pictures of pieces of the trailer. I never took a photo of the trailer by it's self. The plate was not on the trailer when it was stolen. I have had 3 plates stolen in the last year so I remove it when I park it in the complex. Thanks for the help.... Mark

Attached Files:

9. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

will keep an eye out

10. Will keep my eyes open down here in the valley.-Weeks

11. cheveey57

cheveey57

Guessing they stole it so they could steal a car. Keep a watch any local hambers.
    Good luck in finding her.

12. Deeter5764

Deeter5764
    from Orange, CA

F*CK what a bummer. I had my trailer loaded for the LA roadster show last year and it was stolen the night before.
    Will keep an eye out for it.

13. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

Bump. Will keep an eye out...

14. That's fucked up,Mark! Hope it shows up. There's lots of eyes here...

15. Bump: hope you get it back.

16. 61falcon

61falcon

mine was stolen years ago and never recovered. its so easy to claim them as a homebuilt and get new registration.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my little half a datsun truck trailer is chained to a pole. then there is a ball in the socket (with a wheel welded to it so I can roll it around) and that is locked as well.

won't stop a determined thief, but it will at least slow them down some.

18. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

fuckers got me too a couple of weeks ago in montclair , mission and ramona and it was not visible from street.

19. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

need to keep things locked. Too many sticky fingers out there.

20. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

Man, that sucks, close to home, I use to have a shop in the complex at the North East corner. Will keep an eye out!

21. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. Crankhole

Crankhole

Thieving bastards!!! I'll keep my eyes open.

23. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

Check around Pomona- when my partners truck got taken it wound up in Pomona- good luck

24. Fleetside

Fleetside

Sucks.....I'll be watching for it. Good luck

25. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Your trailer looks identical to mine (a twin) that was stolen 2 weeks ago in Riverside.
    Is it a Carson Trailer?
    I will be on the lookout for yours and mine.

Riverside PD believes it is South of the Border as it was set up for my off road race car.

26. Metal Mangler

Metal Mangler
    from Washington

Im in washington state but ill keep my eyes peeled for you.

Matt

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since I live right on 97 in Wa state I'll keep an eye out. There have been stranger things than stolen trailers being towed past here. Most likely someone stole that one because they needed one to use to haul something. Any cars stolen in the area about the same time? or a broken 4X that all the sudden left the spot it was sitting in in the middle of the night being as you are in the desert? Low lifes come in all sizes, flavors and recreational hobbies.

If the thieves don't pull off the reflective strips it should be pretty easy to spot from a distance.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  28. firepowered

firepowered

Hey, sorry about your trailer.. My Featherlite open one car disappeared last month. I'll let you know if I see anything suspiciously similar to yours. Alan

29. trimph1

trimph1

Even though I am up here north of London ON I'll keep an eye out.

We've seen nidjeets even steal old barns ....[​IMG]

30. btt....for the morning crowd....shit.....would a sticky help?