Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1936 Cord Westchester Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by van's rod shop, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think I'd try to 2-door hard top it myself.

The big stink is because you used the term rat rod ... they are viewed on this site as being unsafe vehicles made out of tractor, bicycle, bar-b-que, and army surplus parts. Basically they are thought to be ugly and unsafe and the feeling (or fear) is the general public will lump us all under the same rat rod label.

As someone else mentioned, as far as this site goes, just drop the use of rat rod as a descriptive term and you should be ok.

:) That's how I see it .... could be wrong

2. Thank you. I changed it but some of the reply headings are still the same.
    Thanks to Henry 29. I appreciate the info and I am aware of those cars too. Cord was ahead of it's time for sure and anyone wanting a good read should give it a look.

3. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Correction,that is one Mud-Terrain tire and one All-Terrain tire.

4. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I think just for kicks, I'm gonna go find one of them "RR" sites. Kinda like moling into enemy territory....

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That explains the monster mudders anyway...

6. jmpowie

jmpowie

wikipedia Definition
    Originally a counter-reaction to the high priced "customs" and typical hot rods, many of which seldom were driven, the rat rod's beginning was a throwback to the hot rods of the earlier days of hot-rodding, built to the best of the owner's abilities and meant to be driven. Rat rods are meant to loosely imitate in form and function the "traditional" hot rods of the era. Biker, greaser, rockabilly, and punk cultures are often credited as influences that shaped rat rodding.

Its kinda strange to me how the word ratrod makes so many people so mad. Dont get me wrong a hack job unsafe car is not what I want to see on the road but traditional today would have ben a rat in 1950.
    I bet Van's rod shop is not going to runs offroad tires on the car thats what he had laying around his garage for mockup.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

8. john walker

john walker

this build isn't any worse than the guy that was building something out of a chopped up buick skylark body, and you guys were all in favor over that one. multiple pages of raving. all he has is the shell and some doors on a frame with an engine in front. hot rod in my eyes. give the guy a break.

9. castleman1111

castleman1111

give em hell van's rod shop!!!! and do what the f**k you want!!!lmao!!!!

10. Exactly!

11. henry29

henry29

12. Yep that's it!

13. F&J

F&J

This post quoted above, is an insult to those that built and maintain the hamb, and to those who understand what the hamb is about.

Where do you get off saying you are more qualified to post? and what's the dis about traditional guys? This site is FOR traditional builds, and meant to be enjoyed by traditional enthusiats.

So, read the rules and can the BS talk.

I love Cords but your attitude towards hambers is not welcome.

...and true to form, the closet rat boys will soon bash my post.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  14. Amen!!!!

15. It was never my intention to insult anyone! I didn't start it! I'm the one being insulted!
    I may not be MORE qualified, but you don't know me and my history. I didn't join this group to be harassed but to share my experiences.

I don't know what your problem is but you're evidently not a happy person.

I have read the HAMB for years and I know there are huge numbers of posts here that are not from "Traditional" Hot Rodders.

If you own this sight, then do what you must -

16. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

If you have read the hamb for years you think you would have a clue what the Hamb is about.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Drama is for girls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.