Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Scored a solid old '30 A Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LSGUN, Nov 3, 2011.

1. LTM75110

LTM75110

Nice..Can`t wait to see your "improvements" . Maybe I`ll do the same to my 29.:cool:

2. cruzr

cruzr

Hot Rod it...........this isnt a restorers site....

3. mike hamel

mike hamel

Haha really? Well damn, guess I should go somewhere else then. Did you not read what he's going to do to it....

4. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

sounds like he may have truly loved cars, and really had a hard time seeing one he felt had been disrespected. i feel the same way sometimes. to many good car are being sacrificed to current trends. the same things being done over and over, like a formula. remember when girls were all getting that tatoo over their butt? it seemed like they all had it. they thought they were being individual's, yet they were all the same. yank the fenders, chop the top. now i'm a hot rodder too! i've taken all the necessary steps right? i'll bet the guy in the restaurant just really loved cars.

5. gsport

gsport

i'm glad to hear you're going to keep it pretty much the way it is.... if ya want a hotrod, find one not so nice....

6. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Dont fuck it up. Im a broke college kid too, so thats no excuse. This is my 30 coupe. Its gonna stay stock. Too much fun just like it is!

[​IMG]

This one is my hotrod canidate. Model A's look better with fenders imo. Too many cookie cutter shit piles running around these days.

[​IMG]

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

put a cow catcher in front of it, i don't care.

8. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

ITs only a car cut it up

9. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

got my nickname cause nothing is sacred, but I might leave this one alone, looks like my 1st Model A except for the color

10. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

O yeah I got mine on Dec 12 1961, best teacher a guy could ever get!

11. farmer12

farmer12

What a great score, awesome!!

12. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I've been driving the hell out of it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

I'll give you $20 apiece for the fenders.

14. Mart

Mart

Really nice old A.
    Great to see you enjoying it as it is.

Mart.

15. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Man that thing is so cool. i hope it stays as it is, all i would do is *slightly* lower it and maybe upgrade to 40s era juice brakes.. Some people are saying "its just a car", but it really isnt, its a time capsule to another time that will never come back again, its a piece of history that can NEVER be replaced.. now im not all against customizing and hot rodding cars, but i feel there there reaches a level of originality a car can have that cant be improved on, and should just be preserved. Its only original once. In the case of your car, I hope it stays in good hands and can retain its original condition for as long as possible, because frankly, it looks damn good and its refreshing to see a stock roof height and fenders once in a while.

16. Nothing wrong with a stock Model A, especially when you have enough other project cars like i do.

Attached Files:

17. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

That's a radical find!!! I hope you leave it as is. A Hopped up Banger would be the exception. Nice Car!!

18. RGG

RGG

I agree, but it is your car so you should do whatever you want. Glad to hear you are driving and enjoying it. I got to putt around in mine for a short time before busting a piston.

RGG

19. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

That is a awesome find, I dont know if I could hot rod it, I am having doubts about hot rodding my recent find and yours blows it out of the water, like they say they are only original once. But it is your call just enjoy it. Larry

Attached Files:

20. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Beautiful Model A , keep her as it and enjoy!:D

21. ScottV

ScottV

Is OK if I hate you ???!!!??? Great find, and no matter what you do with it, enjoy it !!! :cool: