Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Adventure begins!!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dead Nutz, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Dead Nutz

Dead Nutz

Hey guys n gals awesome site, been lurkin now for over a year. Finally got the money to start a project and Santa came early this year. Got me a 56 Stude Transtar Deluxe with original 244 and 4 on the floor today out in weatherford.

Always admired the old classics, from the time I couldn't reach the peddles workin in grandpa's junkyard down on the bayou. Have pretty good mechanical/electrical abilities, work as a millwright. Hopin to knock some rust of the old nuts tomorrow n bust a few knuckles with my dad at the shop. :)

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy. Not sure what that Stude model looks like, ANY PICS?:)

3. TurbofireV-8

TurbofireV-8

Howdy from WI!!!

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome aboard and good luck with the Stude.

I was at a mud bog once and everyone was pulling for the usual GM-Mopar-Ford favorites.

No one could make it through the pit and pushed up a wall. Looked like no one was going to be able to break through. One of the last to come up was a rough looking old Stude truck. It hit the wall and wouldn't quit and kept pounding until it pushed through and came out the other side. And it was driven by a girl to boot! I jumped up and yelled, "Yeah! Studebaker!" It was a cool victory.......

Wonder how many others found out it was running a Chevy 427?....