Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anyone know how to identify 41-42 International K5's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lowriders Art Gallery, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

This is quite possibly the weirdest International K5 I have ever seen. I am trying to get the title processed, but I don't know if it is a 41 or a 42. the Vin # contains a lot of 2's, but I don't know if that means anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, I've got the popcorn started, please feel free to comment.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

I have searched all the sites I can think of with no results. The only number on it is on the frame.

3. Balls Out Garage

Balls Out Garage
    from Arkansas

Have you checked on the OldIHC site? I think I remember seeing a number / year reference posted somewhere. That said, the only difference I know of is that my 42 K7 has stainless trim pieces on the grill and hood instead of the aluminum ones I've seen on the 41 - 46 - 47 trucks.

4. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

it's a mail truck.

i have a 46 hk .. or ..i did till about 3 days ago. lol

5. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Actually it was a Railway Express truck, they were used on the Great Northern line. I'm trying to get it titled, but I want to get the year correct. IHC site wasn't much help.

6. LowFat48

LowFat48

see if this helps.....http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/ihc&CISOPTR=5529&REC=6 click on the 1928-1966 link in the left column , if your just trying to date the truck this may help , if your doing a title search , lots of IHC`s where titled using the engine serial number stamped on the block , and to make it more fun they weren`t titled until the truck was sold , so you could have a truck built in 1940 , not sold until 1942 that would be titled as a 1942 , good luck.......

7. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

IHCs do not really use a model year, per say,rather than a model year, they titled them for the year that they were first sold. a kb could have been made one year, and not sold until the next. They changed by model rather than year.

8. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Thanks, guys. I guess I'll call it a 1942. No records of Railway Express available to see when they bought new trucks for the fleet. If a later purchaser decides it is a 41, it would be easy enough to get it corrected. I just look at it as another truck I rescued.