Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with GM wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NONAME, Dec 17, 2011.

1. I hit a wall that I never knew was there. I need 15 inch 5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern.
    I don't want to pay for new ones also don't want the skinny 50's. I keep hearing from people that GM went to 14 inch then back to 15 inch 5X4 3/4 about 1978 on all but wagons and cop cars were still 5x5. can't find a set to save my ass.
    anyone have a list of cars before I go back to U-PULLIT?

2. '73-'77 Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Cutless, Century etc.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

see roadkillcustoms.com for one of the charts on wheels available. also, search here for thread: do 15" steel wheels with 15 X 4.75 exist?

4. fms427

fms427

A lot of GM RWD full size cars from 77 on were 15"/4 3/4 bolt pattern . There was a "small" brake system (11" rotors) that had 4 3/4 bolt circle on Impala, LeSabre, Bonneville, and Olds equivalent. There was also a "large" brake system (12" rotors) that had 15/ 5" bolt circle.

This is probably your best chance, as these were used until these cars went to front wheel drive (85-86) . Some intermediates like Malibu and Regal had 15" ,but they were used only on heavy duty vehicles - rarer. Get your tape measure and head to the junkyard !! :D

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The mid 70's G body cars are probably the easiest to find with the 5 on 4-3/4 on 15. Rim width varies though. I've got steelies off a 76 Seville that I plan on running on the 48 when I get it back together as they almost look reversed.

here is a good list that someone compiled that shows what has what bolt pattern but it doesn't go into rim diameters for each year. http://www.teufert.net/wheels/bolt-pat.htm

And looking at Fms427's post #4 I had two Olds 88's a 75 and an 84 with the small brakes and 4 on 4-3/4 pattern.

6. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Journey out my way and we can hit the one that's a mile from my place.

7. tony31a

tony31a

Hey Jim, I've got a set and I still need some door glass for my 55.

8. Sounds like a fair trade to me. are they at least 6" wide? what color glass and how soon can I get my wheels dammit:p

9. Chip you busted me. I was trying to find what you should be looking for hahaha....Jim

10. tony31a

tony31a

I belive they are 7". Two of them are at work so I will grab them on Monday, I'll call you then and work out a time to drop em off.

11. 55glyde

55glyde
    from mile high

I'v been looking for these wheels in my area for the last 5 months with no luck... I am being picky because i like the look of the later 60's and early 70's steelies that came on the chevelle and impala station wagons. The gaps between the face and the rim are different. Early styles, the gaps are tigher and contoured to the wheel radius. Later styles, well, with lack of better words... the face is square in shape and the gaps are wider. Me no likey. I need just two to complete my set... does anyone have these style for sale... PM me if you'd like.

so long...

12. I thought this would be a no brainer. I have atleast 2 dozen wheels and not one will fit my truck. all 5 x 4 1/2 or 5 x 5 and then all the 6 & 8 lugs. I guess I'm whoard all the wrong stuff lol

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

for a list of 1955-1970 Chevrolet wheels search: 348-409.com/wheelchart.htm

14. FLATROCKER

FLATROCKER
    from nw ohio

Check out chevy astro and gmc safari vans. Also some early s10 pickups. They will have 15 x7 with 4 3/4 pattern. I have had a lot of astro panel vans for parts chasers with these wheels.