Register now to get rid of these ads!

are there more company's like Teas Design

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Björn, Dec 16, 2011.

1. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. fatluckys

fatluckys

I'm about to start upholstering my first seat from Bengels. I haven't even touched it yet and I already like it way more than Tea's.

3. do you have some pictures of it ?

I like the bucket split bench model from teas

4. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Wise guys. Jim Wise is a class act.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

What ever you do don't buy glide seats. Mine were almost new and both recline mechanisms broke.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I had a Glide seat in a Model A and loved it

7. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

QUOTE: (What ever you do don't buy glide seats. Mine were almost new and both recline mechanisms broke.)

As one of Glides competitors I must add something here as they might not see this thread to defend themselves.

Glide buys their seat recliner mechanisms from an OEM source. Most seat builders use the same manufacturer of mechanisms and install them on their frame work. Two things come to mind as these mechanisms are ultra strong and near bullet proof. Some of the early mechanisms that Glide used to build their seats with used a cable release for the adjustment. Those cables were attached to plastic toggles that over time could break. I believe that if the actual mechanism broke that there was most likely some abuse to the seat prior to your use, and the chance of 2 broken seat recliners if highly unusual. Ive been building seats for a very long time and Ive never had a recliner failure. All this just to say that as a Glide competitor I can honestly say they build a good product and I highly doubt any failure to one of their seats would be a direct result of their workmanship.

I'm sure they would be willing to work with you to correct the problem knowing what I do of them and their business practices. They are a stand up company and strive to insure that the industry standards remains high quality and safe, as it should be.

Just my objective observations.

Revised 10-6-14 See last post

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    33sporttruck and skyspop like this.
  8. tedster

tedster

Class act on your part to post.

Metaltwister and skyspop like this.
  9. What a great thing to do! Wish I saw more of this kind of stuff on here, instead of just bashing. That said I have used Glide in many of builds over the years and have never had a problem either. But I might just have to give you a shot next time!!!!

Metaltwister likes this.
  10. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Thanks guys... I didnt mean to derail the thread, Sorry about that!

11. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I have to agree. That was a Classy move. I'd buy from you anyday without hesitation.

Metaltwister likes this.
  12. 32fordroadster

32fordroadster
    from Wisconsin

13. Wow, very interesting.

Metaltwister likes this.
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to see that but from what I've seen over the years that scenario has happened more than once. Guy builds up a good business turning out a decent product and then sells out to someone with less than stellar business practices.