Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see some 63 impala street rods!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jq63, Jan 6, 2011.

1. jq63

jq63

I'm working on a 63 Impala "high rider" So how many are out there?
    [​IMG]

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

oh man what kind of lift kid did you use?

3. badshifter

badshifter

You know, the HAMB, that street rod website......

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

This car really can't be a street rod, which is a good thing.

5. JAWS

JAWS

I think its perfect the way it is.

4 speed?

I see the 283 flags..

posi?

6. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

this is gonna be bad.....

7. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

his definition of "street rod" is just different than ours, thats all

I'd like to see pics too, im working on one right now. Same color as the one in the original post. In the movie "Goodfellas" there is a nice shot of the same paint color/bodystyle 63. The one im working on is a customer car, if it was mine it would be a red SS clone.

8. i like the look of your car

but its gonna be interesting to see where this thread leads

9. well at least it isn't covered with cobwebs or skulls. and not having the flat black/red wheel style is also a refreshing change. seems pretty traditional in it looks like a 63 impala. looks like a pretty nice car. hopefully it won't get fucked up.

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

Nice car. Like RJP said looks good without flat black, skulls and cobwebs. Also looks good with a decent ride height and without the rear bumper dragging on the ground. Looks just like they did back in the 60's. Love those early 60 Chevy's.

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I don't care what you call it....It Rocks !!
    Very nice stance......Great wheel selection....and awesome car to start out with!

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, that is how the hot 63's were set up back when the "big guys" had them when I was in high school. Not high school students but Skip and his buddies down at the gas station who had a car club and raced at Eberg and Madras. Strong 327 or 409 with a four speed and a nice set of glass packs.
    Not a street rod and not really all that HAMB friendly as those were the beginning of the cars that led to the buy it and race it rather than build it and race it era.

13. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Hell, I even like the color it IS! I'd go with Cragars and have a ball!! Glass packs with turn downs at the rear axle will sound wicked even with the little 283! Those cars a kinda hard for exhaust systems because of the X frame stuff getting in the way.

14. jq63

jq63

No FLAT BLACK PAINT OR RED WHEELS!!! I'm painting it the factory color that it came with. I just want it to look clean and sharp. I promise!!!

I called it a street rod because the only other name I've heard is "low rider" and I'm not really into lowriders... So sorry if I missed "termed"

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  15. jq63

jq63

Heres a shot of the interior....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Stink63

Stink63
    from coumbus,Oh

not sure what the phuk my car is considered, but its a '63. Its bagged and yes the exhaust was hard to run so it has single chamber flowmasters with turndowns dumping under the front floor pan.

[​IMG]

17. edweird

edweird

thats about the most beautifulest 63 i've ever seen.

18. Tony

Tony

Not exactly street rods, but 63's none the less.
    The black car was a bone stock unrestored original aside from the wheels with 50K miles on it. Even original paint.
    The blue car was an original SS 327 300hp 4 speed car found in a barn with 80K and no rust. It was pretty much a sleeper when i got done with it. I left the faded paint but redid the interior stock and completely rebuilt the suspension and drivetrain. 525 solid cam, double hump heads with stainless valves, aluminum intake, roller rockers, holley carb, forged slugs etc etc etc...but aside from the headers looked all original under the hood :) ran VERY strong. Modified the stock air cleaner to work and complete the look.
    Even ran the stock SS caps a little.
    The black car was too nice for me but the blue one i miss bad. My dad's buddy now owns it.
    I LOVE 63's and will do another when i'm done with the 62 i'm doing now.

Tony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. jq63

jq63

Very Nice Tony Wish my body was that straight!

20. Tony

Tony

Thanks jq, i wish i still had it. Your's looks great though and i'd be proud as can be to own it!

Tony

21. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

part of the reason GM is in the condition they are nowadays is that the styling dept. forgot what IMPALLAS were suposed to look like. in my humble opinion there were no better looking cars than 62-68 chevy impallas!

22. Damm, I thought we were going to talk about street rods? Great start FNG. Have fun.

23. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Attached Files:

24. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

I've got a big soft spot for '63 Imps. First and only new car my Dad ever bought was a '63 medium blue Impala. He hauled ramblers for AMC from 52-72 out of Kenosha WI. He ordered the Impala from the Chevy dealer a block from our house. But picked the car up in Michigan himself. He saved tranport/delivery fees by getting a load of Ramblers to Michigan and picked up the Imp on the way home. The dealer still had to new car prep it but I bet not many people can say they hauled home their own new car from the factory. I was 11 in '63. I used to live in the dealership/garage during new car week so I could get a look at the new car models. Then in high school and one year after I worked there as a mechanic. OK enough reminiscing. Mark L

25. jq63

jq63

brought this over from another post so I can show her progress better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Beautiful car.....Perfect for the Era. Post more photos.... Ignore any critics....Centurion9

27. Rebracer

Rebracer

Great 63, my second favorite car after the 55, I have always wanted one! Great to see a tough looking 63 that's not 2" off of the ground! Looks Great!

28. Ive always loved the 62 and 63 Impalas. Thats a good start you have. Here are a couple i found online you might like. I thought they were pretty mean looking. I like the first pic personally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. KScooter

KScooter
    from California

I think they're cool if they're done right. Here's one I did with Corel Draw and Photoshop for part of a local car show t-shirt. Does anyone here know who owns the car?

[​IMG]

30. Great looking car just the way it is. Good on ya.