Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1949 Divco progress, it's been 8 yrs since I touched it..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Yes, I know it's no HotRod...........It does have 10'' slicks on it right now thou..ha ha ha and am willing to race anyone once it's done....I originally set this up for a Chevy 409.....I recently bought junk truck that had a semi rebuilt 454 in it. I had to re-do the engine mounts along w/ the trans mounts and picked up a oil pan made to fit a Big Block Chevy in a 55-57 Chevy...Long ago I grafted a 1955 Chevy front frame into the original Divco frame. I set up the rear w/ a 9'' Ford Posi w/ factory disc brakes, I have a fresh 3:55 posi third member to slide into it. I built this just pre all the chopper mania shows, back when I used the Iron cross allot...before it got so popular..I have not utilized one since. I have allot of work to do and allot of light rust to remove since it was sitting so long.

Recently held a club meeting, most of the Slick Devils made it over and we started to square up the front end sheetmetal and rough in the hood and body lines, still needs tweeked and the mounts fabbed up front. Thanks guys for helping me out !

I am trying to just get this thing done.....I built this thing w/ my mig welder. I bought my tig just before I stopped working on it and only made a few items that were my first tig weld attemps.....I am trying to not use the tig on it and just get it done and let allot of the details go by I would normally not allow now...It's kinda fun to just work and not worry about what I normally think about. It's amazing how I can slow myself down because I will only do something one way. I just need it safe, reliable and run on pump gas. This is my wifes and daughters favorite project.

I just bolted on the headers that Don Moyer gave me.....I cleaned them up and since the small dings that they had can not be seen, I just left them...That's something I would not normally do....hell, I would make a set from scratch.....but what a time saver to just bolt these on and go !.....Thanks Don.....

I have most everything to finish this project. From wiring harness to the gages ect....I really believe this unfinished project is part of the reason I have not finished my Coupe DDS. So here goes.......nothing fancy...Littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This what the floors look like when all in.....I need to clean them up since they have been sitting..

[​IMG]

2. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Lookin' good. Bring it out to Thompson for the Reunion.

3. the-rodster

the-rodster

Cool!

Keep us posted.

Rich

4. Cruiser

Cruiser

The Divco may not be a hot rod or a custom car, but there cool and very unique. Good luck with the finishing of the coooooooooooooolest ride. :D

CRUISER :cool:

5. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Love it ! Great looking truck!

6. lorodz

lorodz

cant wait to see the end result of this build keep it up looks sick

7. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Depends on your idea of a Hot Rod. ;)

I likey. :D

8. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

9. fatluckys

fatluckys

Nice! I always wanted a Divco shop truck.

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

It's just not a hot rod in the traditional sense, anything can be hot rodded and still not be a hot rod. It's just cool..........:D

CRUISER :cool:

11. that is so wicked! I would love to have one

12. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

man i can't belive it's been 8 years already ,i remember when the alum diamond plate was going in, thinking how cool is that !! you have done a lot since then the frame table,the little drag truck rebuilds,remodel the garage ,you even stared in your own tv show with jimmy shine as your co-star !!! can't wait to see the milk wagon work !! keep us posted !

13. no mice just rats

no mice just rats
    from missouri

all you need is some fuel line and goggles

14. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

A big block chevy, hell I would never have caught the milk man with one of those in it. The deck plate looks great. Don't give up keep working until u drive it. You have something special..

15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

looking good, let's see some more pics

16. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Right on, that diamond plate flooring is slick! Good luck making her come back to life.

17. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Freaking awsome......

18. Divco's are awesome and I especially like this one. Very cool! Get to work!

19. Willy301

Willy301

Looking good, Littleman. I wish I had as much talent. Unfortunately, I did inherit the one way gene, so my project is soooooo sloooowww.... Glad your buddies were there to help you out too!

20. Toner283

Toner283

21. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Some pics of what it looked like when I brought it home.....Dave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the Mustang seats in it...

[​IMG]

22. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Gotta put the ice cream music back on it... Where are the pedals at?

WOW what a difference

23. 62dartman

62dartman

Awesome truck man!!! Love the stance. I see a couple of cherry bombs peekin out too. Good luck with it!! Updates!!!

24. 62dartman

62dartman

Wow, just saw the before pics!!!! Good job man!!!

25. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Well Dave you build some awesome cars. I think you and a Divco is fonna be sweet!!!

You gotta put that swoopy Littleman logo you have on the side!!!

26. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

one sweet lil van,gotta watch this one

27. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

My favorite little Divco...It's going to be fun to watch the progress.

28. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Like I said...I used the Iron Cross before the super over used craze ...Ha ha ha....I was going to replace them....but screw it...they stay........I carved out the corner of the dog house for the fun pedal, my heal rests on the bottom flat and you can see the brake ...........Littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I miss the little man!

30. studeboy

studeboy

Funny you should post this as I was just thinking the other day about guys that were here when I first joined that seem to have disappeared. Great to see you posting again.

The Divco looks awesome. You might have to wear shades to drive it the floor could blind you :D The roadster looks great too. Do you have any more pics of the mockup other than the 3/4 rear shot on your site?

BTW your link for Tshirts seems to be dead. Are shirts available?