Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG Sports Car Type

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Beach Bum, May 8, 2006.

1. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Hey guys,
    I found this site when Ryan took over Garage Junkies and I've been addicted. Sent the link to some buddies and they're addicted. Anyway, I'm in So Cal and grew up here. Been a gearhead pretty much all of my life, slot cars, Revell model kits, Cox gas airplanes. Learned to drive in a '63 Chrysler 300. First car was a '65 Mustang that I hung some Shelby parts on. Our first "family car" was a '55 Chevy Bel Air wagon. Right now I've got some rusty old British stuff in the garage, mostly Triumphs. I'm pretty much of a road race guy and for the last 15-20 years I've been real interested in sports car racing of the '50s and '60s, especially the California Specials. My late father-in-law ran an MGTD with a V8-60 at places like Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines and Palm Springs.

The thing I think I like most about this site is you guys like to do your own work. I've done some ugly welding and shot some crappy paint and I'll do it again. I don't have a hot rod..... yet, but reading this and seeing the rides some of you guys have turned out, it's gonna happen.

One last bit, I know the Winged Express is a crowd favorite around here. My buddy at work runs the official web site for the Wing, www.wingedexpress.com check it out, some great stuff on there. My other buddy at work has crewed on the Wing for years and is restoring a vintage funny car called Veney's Vega. Ya, we get lots of work done!

Later,
    Kurt

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey man! Welcome aboard! You'll like it here! Good stuff!

Any pics of the scoots or the other projects you put the time into?

Since you're traveling around to some of Ryan's other boards and you're into Triumphs, you might also check out the Jockey Journal. Lot's of us Trump guys over there too! www.jockeyjournal.com.

cheers!

3. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Thanks Scoot,
    I've been over there too. All of my Triumphs have 4 wheels, but there is that Norton in the garden shed behind the Devin body. Anyway, right now I'm trying to get a new garage project off the ground.

4. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

still have the td?...

5. Closet British Sports Car guy here. Early TR4 (CT2367L) short bubble bonnet. Had 'er for a long time and she's a blast to drive.

6. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Nope, wish I did. He sold the TD about 1956 and bought a Triumph TR2. Sold that in 58 or 59 and built his own car called the Paisano Special. I have photos someplace I'll have to find. he had a succession of oddball cars including a Siata, a BMW 700, an NSU Sport Prinz and a Swallow Doretti. We have the Doretti but it's in bad shape, hit by a Camaro.

7. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

I have a '54 TR2, '57 TR3, '62 Sports 6 Conv. and a Swallow Doretti. The TR3 and Sports 6 are completely apart.

8. Ever had a Herald?

9. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Nope, no Heralds. I wouldn't mind an Italia though.

Cheers,
    Kurt

10. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Nice avatar. Welcome to the HAMB.

Cris

11. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Thanks man. So, I hope this isn't one of those internet fashion faux pas', you know, like when two chicks show up to a party wearing the same color thong.
    You know Dan turned 75 about two weeks ago? The guy still looks younger than me.

Cheers,
    Kurt

12. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

British fan here also. Drive a 1970 XKE. Here's a shot of a nice Triumph Italia with my E back in 1998.

Pete

Attached Files:

13. patneal

patneal

'restoring Veney's Vega'...... which one ? I got #4, Vic Miller restored #1..you can see my resto on 'Acceleration archive'.......Pat

14. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Sidney Illinois!

15. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Welcome from Haliburton, Ontario. Can you post a picture of you car? Curious to see exactly what you have.

Enjoy this place lots of interesting stories and unlimited technical information. Great people, well mostly great!!

16. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome aboard from Tennessee!

17. You are welcoming a guy who posted his intro nearly five years before you joined the HAMB.

18. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Adjustable you are of course absolutely correct. Only issue is that when this thread opened it appeared that his (patneal) post was the first. I did not even look at the date. I am not the only one who made this error I guess. Strange indeed.

19. ... and I got snookered into thinking "The Winged Express" was refering to the riddler winner!! lol