Register now to get rid of these ads!

SIDNEY AUS Hambers - Anyone know (edited)?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BenD, Dec 12, 2011.

1. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I'm having a bit of trouble collecting on a haul I did from Austin TX to Long Beach CA. I picked up the slack on a referral that was taking longer than expected, so once I took over the A sedan body plus extra parts took less than a month from point A to B. I've been forced to trust overseas buyers before and have had pretty decent luck collecting but unfortunately I've found a bad apple.

Does anyone know this gentleman personally? I'm trying to get a hold put on the car but it really doesn't help much.

I do have a number and email address but my phone plan does not include overseas calls and even if it did I'm sure to receive more lip service.

Unfortunately, from this point forward all overseas hauls will need to be paid in full before delivery.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ben, post this over on the OZ Rodders site. You can use my name as a reference over there if you'd like. If you would perfer I could make the post over there.

3. flatoz

flatoz

Ben,

I will bump this back up the top. I'm not in skidney so don't know the guy but there are a fair few from up there that know a lot of people too and maybe they can help.

might want to change the title to 'SYDNEY' so as to get their attention too.

best of luck, we're not all bad apples.

4. QQMOON

QQMOON

Sorry i have no idea who we are talking about could someone pm me details and i will get onto it

Joseph

5. Firefly

Firefly

BTTT .... Carps might be able to assist ...

6. striper

striper

Let's keep it up there. Last thing we need is shit like this making it EVEN harder than it is for the rest of us to bring stuff over.

Pete

Sorry Ben, I don't know the man

7. btt for Ben.

8. flatoz

flatoz

up for the evening crowd, anyone know this clown? He's not making life easy for any of us on this island. I've dealt with Ben on a couple of occassions and wish to be able to deal with him again, don't want him to ban OS people from his services, as he's a stand up guy who treats your ride right.

9. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

had a look on facebook there is a mark cupitt in goulburn nsw , does anyone have any mates in goulburn ? ill ask a freind of the wifes and see where that goes.

10. Adam F

Adam F

11. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

12. It's possible he could be a member of the ASRF , though I doubt getting in touch with them is gonna yield anything productive, and whether they would help is another thing as it's a personal financial transaction between you and Mark. Probably nothing they can do. Sorry to hear it, all the same. Is he answering his emails? Fingers crossed he sorts it out with you.

13. Btt for Ben. Us Aussies don't want a bad name from this sort of crap. It just makes it harder for the honest guys. Hope someone can help out.

14. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

He did answer an email last eve, says it was sent day before but so far nothing on my end. I'll check again once things post today. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks Folks, I do appreciate your concern.

15. Ben. As all the other guys have mentioned, we have enough trouble getting stuff here without adding to it. Hopefully this will get sorted without too much further delay.

Good luck..

16. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

bump i have no more info yet

17. Firefly

Firefly

Keep us posted Ben.

18. toddc

toddc

I don't know the guy, but if he has genuinely sent funds be aware that the banks here in Sydney are very slow at the moment.... Just sayin.

19. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Crisis Over I think, Transfer came through today, evidently a bank issue, compounded by time zones.

It's comforting to know folks whom you've never met and live on the other side of the planet have your back. Thank You all and Have a Merry Christmas.

20. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Crisis Over I think, Transfer came through today, evidently a bank issue, compounded by time zones.

It's comforting to know folks whom you've never met and live on the other side of the planet have your back. Thank You all and Have a Merry Christmas.

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Glad to read it was a bank problem. Everything does get hectic at this time of year.

22. hammeredrods

hammeredrods

Good result , Happy it all worked out ,merry christmas to you too.

23. Ben, same perspective as others, and certainly don't wish to create a perspective that all from Oz are slackers, as we know you're a stand-up guy, so BTTT.

In fairness, from experience I am aware that despite all best efforts, when using bank $ transfers from here to there it will take a few days before the money is seen by the recipient, so hopefully it will resolve itself sooner than later. Sing out if it doesn't....here to help.

Cheers,

Drewfus

24. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can confirm that it takes a while, I made the mistake of trying to transfer monies in the thousands from Oz to my home bank and it took the better part of a week. Processing a foreign check here is expensive, even if you have an account at both banks in the transaction. I think PayPal or Western Union is a bit of an answer for this kind of problem.

25. Sounds like you have it worked out Ben, glad to hear it.

As for small $ deals, I have sold many sets of bear claw latches to Australia, New Zealand and other international. Paypal works really good for the money transfers, at least on my end as the recipient. You lose the paypal fees, but any international money processing there is a fee.

26. Firefly

Firefly

RESULT! Phew, now I can unpack my Ninja throwing stars and bamboo stakes :D