Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod wreck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stude-sled, Dec 11, 2011.

1. flynstone

flynstone

yup glad hes ok, cars can be fixed

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yikes, sorry to hear this. Prayers for a speedy and painfree as possible recovery for Aaron.

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Thank God everybody is ok ! Sad to see that happen!!!

4. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

Holy Christ! Glad to hear they are ok.

Ed

5. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for your concerns about my health and Keith's roadster. Yesterday morning was definitely one of the craziest experiences I have ever had. I was conscious the whole time and many thoughts went through my head.

In the last few seconds before the impact, I new there was nothing I could do, and that I was about to come in contact with another machine. It was the loudest crunch and such a specific sound when old metal is crushed. The next thing I knew I was ejected out of the roadster and skidding on the ground wondering when I was going to stop. Turns out it was about 35 feet.

I was taken to the Trauma center and after a whole day of tests I was released last night. My injuries consist of severe bruising, cuts, scraps and fractured ribs. I'm definitely in pain, but it's pretty unbelievable that the injuries were not more severe. I guess lady luck was on my side this time!

Thanks to my club for being so together in a time of crisis, being so caring and also making a bad situation go as smooth as it could. And many thanks to Keith for caring more about me than his roadster. And lastly thanks to my whole family for all their help.

-Aaron

6. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

Glad to hear from you Aaron! We all wish you a speedy recovery.

I have some spare parts to donate to help rebuild Keith's roadster.

7. Nearly 12 yards on the concrete!!!!!!!! Aarons definitely got a purpose here cuz... Choppers rule, always dug the close-nit family of a club like yours and sure ya'll will pull together after the dust settles and Aarons rested. Let the friends and family know we're praying for ya down here on the bottom coast, hope to meet you in Pamona next month and hear the happy ending. God Speed!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  8. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Crazy!!! I was nearly hit on my way to the show by dumb ass teen driver. No seat belts in my 35. Would of been bad...

9. Hi Aaron,
    Thanks for getting on here and letting us now how you are doing. When I saw the pic on Keith's Facebook page - my heart was in my mouth. Horrible thing to see. Glad you are okay, great to hear the comaradrie of your friends/club - thats great stuff. I realise I am in NZ, but if anything is needed for Keith's car and I can help - I will. I realise there are probably heaps of contacts etc.
    Get well
    Greg Stokes

10. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Aaron sounds "painful" but glad to see your going to be alright, if I have any a bone parts you need Keith hit me up !!!

Wish you a speedy recovery !!

11. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Could have gone so much worse. We are all so lucky you are alive Aaron and still a complete person.
    Every time I hear about a roadster getting nailed, I feel something churning deep inside of me --I really think it's fear that it could happen to me.

12. bonesy

bonesy

I'm really glad you're OK.

13. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

holy shit!

Glad to hear everyones ok!

14. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

holy shit!

Glad to hear everyones ok!

15. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Glad to hear things turned out better than expected.
    It motivates me to rethink my roadster for the next season. Hopefully, everyone considers doing some of the improvements that they've been putting off, without going into details.

16. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

We past two other accidents on the way out coming west on the 210. Seeing the lights at the Arrow Hwy offramp was the third set of lights flashing. To pull up and see all the choppers cars pulled over to the side of the road, and then Keith's roadster crashed in the middle of the street was crazy. The paramedics were working on someone at the side of the road. Did not know what to think or the outcome. Thanks to Vern and Keith for the updates at the show, and really thankfull that Arron came out of this as well as he did. I know it scared the $#!% out of the Choppers, as they all saw Arron pass by them. Hope you have a speedy recovery Arron.

17. Glad to hear your in one piece dude. That is scary stuff right there.

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Get better soon buddy.. Glad your ok..

19. good to hear from you aaron. glad to hear you're relatively ok. here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

oh and don't forget a re-build thread on the roadster when the time comes;)

20. jick

jick
    from london

damn thats frightening stuff....get well soon man!

all the best....Jick

21. One lucky guy!! rest up and get well soon.

22. striper

striper

It scares the crap out of me. But I have to drive a roadster.

Best wishes for the recovery Aaron.

Best wishes for the rebuild Keith.

Pete

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I am so glad that Keith and Aaron ore OK. If I can help in any way let me know. Skip

24. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Aaron so glad you are ok, prayers sent for speedy recovery.
    Keith sorry about the hot rod.
    Thanks to both of you for posting so we know everyone is ok.

25. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Aaron I feel your pain...i had 2 broken and one cracked rib this pat May ....
    Take it easy man trust me.
    Weezner rebuild that roadster!

26. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Glad you're gonna be ok Aaron!!! If I can help in any way with the roadster....let me know!! Rest and get better!!

Ian

27. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

so scary, super glad your ok and on your way to a speedy recovery

28. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Glad to hear that he is OK..that is way too bad a situation, and 65' is one long distance to be thrown..
    Good luck on the car too..
    Cheers.......

29. Glad to hear Aaron is ok from him on here. Had heard something about an accident at the show but did not go asking around much. Hope for a quick recovery for ya Aaron. Weesners car should straighten out and be back together fairly easily. Had a similar accident here in Bako recently with a restored 4dr sedan getting thrown 20 ft by a t-bone. Buddy of mine was ok but the car got totalled out by Hagerty. Only issue is now the car will have a salvage title. Cars can be fixed people can't be replaced.-Weeks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Glad to hear from you Aaron... Heal quickly! I shudder when you say "cracked ribs" though... Been there done that!!!