Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Viva la Revolucion!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JJK, Dec 10, 2011.

1. andyg

andyg

Andy is my good buddy and my "Hot Rod Roadtrip hero" He left Arkansas 22 degrees snow on the ground drove his pure pre-war duece with mechanical brakes to Austin the only thing that broke was the zipper on his coat! :) have a good ride home buddy! Great pics my dad was there and called and said it was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Made it in to Texarkana no problems. There is another post about your car and this guy makes a comment that it needs an Eddie Meyer 21 stud!!! I had a good laugh knowing that your 21 stud engine cruised me to Austin and halfway back and numerous other trips this year and last year.

For those who don't know....my 1936 21 stud was in the sweet black roadster that now has the sweet 57 283 with 2x4's!

PS- I actually left from Thayer, MO! And this zipper is in full revolt! It's not happening....it's telling me it will never zip again....:eek:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. F&J

F&J

Excellent cars...all of them..

3. kisam

kisam

I'm still trying to process the cars I saw - my mind is spinning! What a show~

4. 4psi

4psi

I got to see your car in person! I love it!! I even got to follow behind it and the 32 roadster from The Hot Rod Garage for a little bit!

Great show and and Great people. It was nice to meet you Andy!! Try to stay warm out there!!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was that guy who said that about the 21 stud. I guess I probably exercised more restraint and said something to the effect of "I would have expected something like a 21 stud in that thing". Sorry if that was taken wrong.

6. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Undoubtedly the best traditional show period! Thanks for posting......excellent cars all!

7. I just shot all day with my iPhone App that acts like an old instamatic. I made myself not look at any of the pictures until we were home from the venue hence the poor cropping, etc! They remind me of the shitty pics I took at shows as a kid with my little Hawkeye.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ sucka!

Attached Files:

8. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Thanks,enjoy looking,even at the few that could really use some shiny paint bad. All great!

9. Here's some mo...

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ sucka!

Attached Files:

10. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kisam, it was a pleasure seeing Tuffy at the show! It's nice to see your hard work pay off. Hope to see it running down the road during the Round Up...

11. Toptinman

Toptinman

Love this T roadster! Somehow I missed it!

[​IMG]

12. Tardel/Wertheimer (sp?) dragster!

13. 55 Mercury

55 Mercury

This car is my dads car. It was started in 1946 when my dad got out of the service. He finished it in 1955. Nothing has been done to the car since.

www.droppedaxles.com

14. striper

striper

So....untraditional. Shouldn't have got in the gate. It has a.............four bar front.

That four bar set up looks super cool. What year would your dad have built that set up?

15. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

This car was the highlight of the show for myself and many others! Thanks to Sid for giving his Dad "Roy" the encouragement to bring his Masterpiece for everyone to see. Roy and Sid took me through the build and showed me the innovations Roy put into this car that were way before it's time. Roy is a true craftsman and gentleman, a person I was honored to meet and talk with. Thanks Bill

16. 55 Mercury

55 Mercury

He built the 4 bar setup in 1946 when he started the car.

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

4 Bar set ups were first used in the mid-late forties by quite a few Roundy Round guys.

18. WOW..awesome show! Thanks for the great pics.
    Ditto on the props for the parking layout.
    Was it also a stated "rule" of NO lawnchairs near the cars? If so, good one. If not, props to all the participants for refraining.
    B.

19. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

No there wasn't a rule for No lawn chairs, there were bleachers, picnic tables and people trying to just move around to try and stay warm, it was cold.

20. andyg

andyg

Hey Jeffrey I knew totally what you were saying in your post and Jason would not be at all offended by your post either. I agree with you....his car is one that you would expect to see a built 21 stud in! My post meant nothing against you and I apologize if it my post sounded like I was making a stab at you, because I wasn't at all. I knew what you meant because I have told him that too!!! ;)

But with all that said I was sure glad Jason sold it to me and I used to give him heck about it every now and then especially when he was trying to work out the bugs on the sbc right after he put it in there. That's why your comment was funny to me! Now I don't rass him because when that little healthy 1957 283 bumps off I know who's got the last laugh...and it ain't me!!!

Thanks JJK for taking all these great pics....I ran out of space on my digital camera pretty early and then my battery died before I could get my new disk formatted. Thanks again for all the great pics!

AND THANKS TO RYAN AND ALL THE GANG THAT PUT ALL THIS TOGETHER!!! HATS OFF TO THEM! THEY ARE THE TRUE BAD*SSES!

"ON AN ACTIVE ARMY BASE???.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME...THIS IS KILLER! HOW DO YOU PULL THAT OFF?" unknown at the show.

21. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

looks like a good time

22. andyg

andyg

Cactus1, those pics are pretty cool....I wish we could have met again down there.

JJK thanks again and it was fun talking with you!

23. kisam

kisam

Thanks 4PSI and Lee!

AndyG - seeing your car in person at HRR put the biggest smile on my face, but I had no idea you drove it - there should have been an award for that! Hats off to you!

Cactus1 - finally we got to meet and I bought a project on the way home! I've got to stop hanging with those Austin boys! Here's a hint:

[​IMG]

24. 34fordchop

34fordchop
    from California

Thanks for sharing!

25. Thanks Andy! Goddam I love that car of yours. I was hoping to tell you again in person but never could find you. You get the hard core award my friend!

Kathy, you and Tuffy are the schizzle! It was a pleasure!
    Can't wait for the details on the new project!

26. JJK

JJK

Oh for sure man, glad I got to meet you and I hope you enjoyed the fine city of Austin. If I knew my photos would have gotten this much response I would have taken more digital.

27. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Awesome event. Thanks for the pics!

28. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

cool pic thanks

29. [​IMG]
    Kathy's car. Did she drive it or trailer?

30. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I dont know Kathy but I saw two nice looking girls leaving the show grounds in this one.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011