Register now to get rid of these ads!

What year is this Studebaker Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john375262, Dec 11, 2011.

1. john375262

john375262
    from Iowa

I have the studebaker i just got out off a farm which was just bought . I was wondering what yr of pickup this is. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

1949 through 1953.

3. john375262

john375262
    from Iowa

Thanks Stude-sled
    Plus i was wondering if this pickup worth parting out??

4. part out... looks like a builder.

you should see what some guys start with

5. john375262

john375262
    from Iowa

6. aircap

aircap

R-series Stude trucks are easy to find parts for.
    Check the Studebaker Driver's Club website for Stude Vendors, and check the forum for info and other fun!
    No need to part it out - get it back on the road.

7. LikeClassicRides

LikeClassicRides

In some places, no title is no problem, especially on something that old.

8. john375262

john375262
    from Iowa

Some one wants to rebuild this give me a good offer and might own this. Located in Iowa

9. I love the bodys on those. All smooth and curvy, like a woman.

10. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Iowa is not one of those places!
    Most title companies won't do business here. You can get a bonded title for the amount they think it will be worth when roadworthy (not how much you paid for it) and I believe it takes three years to get a title that way?

Actually had a DMV employee tell me they do it that way so those junkers stay in the trees where they belong.

11. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thats the Iwowegeans for ya! to bad its not in S.dak. way easy to get a title.

12. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Missouri and SD are the way to go if you want to bypass the faulty system here. But they will check up on you. Had a local guy that did a paperwork sell to a buddy in South Dakota who got a car titled there then sold it back (on paper only) to the guy here in Iowa and they sent an inspector out and checked the VIN numbers on the car before they would give him a title.

I had some real fun getting My Desoto UTE (truck) titled when I imported it from Australia. They never made such a creature here in the states, Australia does not title by manufactured year and they have a "Certificate of registered interest" instead of a title.

13. Well, Iowa DMV's loss is our gain, it's very easy to register one here. State must have figured out that they net more money that way - if a car did turn out to be stolen, they're sure not going to give you a refund for your registration fees.

If the thing is solid, it should be saved, around here those things rot so bad I have one that the inner cowl was patched with an old sign and half of that's rusted away too.

14. Reverborama

Reverborama
    from Minnesota

I was able to title a Studebaker pickup in Minnesota by applying for a title for a truck that never had a title. This might be possible in any farming state where most farm vehicles never got titles. Unless that truck has plates on it that indicate it was once licensed for road use, you might be able to get one that way.

15. In Missouri you have to get a vin inspection any time you bring a vehicle in from out of state that is just standard fair. They aren't "checking up on you" they are making sure you donot bring a vehicle in from out of state hat is stolen.

16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Wish I could afford it, love the old Studes. Alabama didn't title anything until 1975, so it wouldn't be a problem here.

17. Maybe BopWop (?) needs it to complete his Hot Rod movie car collection, he has the Willys and the Olds...

18. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I have a title and VIN plate for a 51 Stude 2D (2 door), (2D?), will that fly?

19. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

I have done titles that way, trucks only have 2 doors.

20. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Take better pics and post I might be interested