Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have a Hemi problem...a Dodge Hemi problem...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Hemiroid, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Hemiroid

Hemiroid

Wow…[stands up]…Hi…my names Greg and I am a hemi-o-holic…

Over ten years ago I started collecting little baby Dodge hemi engines. They have taken over my life. I have them in the shed. I have them in the garage. They are in the basement. There are even parts sitting on the kitchen table. I have a serious disease…

DO NOT EVEN TRY TO HELP ME!!!

I have been collecting parts to build a traditional styled Model A. Something like what dad would have build back in the fifties…

I need something to show off my 270 Dodge and not hide it behind fenders and a hood. Something that is easy to get parts for out of a catalog if I need but I prefer to use experienced old Ford parts…

Thanks…[sits down]…

2. Old&Low

Old&Low

Welcome from New Mexico!

3. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

Good on ya.....keep up the sickness & get more!

4. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Sounds like a good start to me! :D

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome from Minnesota!

6. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Welcome Greg. I'm collecting parts to put together a 270 Hemi roadster.

7. Hemiroid

Hemiroid

Hey Bill...

KEWL!!! on a 270 roadster!!!

If you do a build thread on it please let me know where to find it...

I have been collecting parts for a couple years to build a traditional Av8 chassis. I have what I think is a '31 frame in very nice shape. I have collected a '32 K-member, transmission mount, wishbone and 'heavy' axle...

I still don't know the significance/difference between a '32 heavy axle and a standard axle??? I was in the right place at the right time when this heavy axle became available so I grabbed it...

I've got a '39 Ford 3-speed out of a Deluxe Coupe which is supposed to be the better transmission??? Double indent or something???

I found an old transadpt tranny adapter that is suppose to connect my 270 Hemi to my '39 trans. I'll need to find someone with some experience with this to help me find the proper parts to fit my clutch [do I use the Hemi or Ford clutch] and help me collect any of the small part I might need to get-er-done. When I get to that point I'll have to ask the HAMB...

December in Bama is probably a bit warmer then December in Mini...

I need to find somewhere warm to start my mock-up...

I am planning a build thread once I get going. I think I know what I am doing but my fear is getting ripped on for doing it my way. I guess if my way isn't right or safe I should hear about it...

8. nothing like a Hemi

Attached Files:

9. Lupe.

Lupe.
    from TX

Welcome to the site. Lots of info here. Enjoy!

10. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

11. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Sidney Illinois!

12. spikez57

spikez57

Welcome from N.E~~~o-HI-o

13. Welcome from Champlin Mn.

14. Hemiroid

Hemiroid

Because of the lack of shop space and winter approaching [we are having a brown Christmas. Kewl!!!] I am starting my mockup in the basement...

Things will change direction many times over I am sure. I got a smokin' deal on a vintage Offy trans adapter. I prefer that over the transadpt. The Offy moves the starter to the passenger side to give me more options for steering clearance...

The holiday weekend will involve good friends, good food, good drink and draggin good parts in from the cold...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011