Register now to get rid of these ads!

After 30 years we got robbed...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smokin' Joe, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

So sad, indeed. A few years ago in an apartment complex that I was living in, we had our cars burglarized 3 times. This was a nice, old-line residential neighborhood, well respected in the St.Louis Community.

I had a '76 Buick Century Regal then and it was only a few years old. They tore my dash apart trying to get the new stereo I had installed...when they would have only had to unscrew 2 bolts underneath the dash and 2 connecting wires from behind.

Whatever they used, be it crowbar/large screw driver, they also tore the upholstery up, gouged & cracked the dash due to their prying, etc. Of course, as in your original post, I was faced with the "aftermath".

It took me over 5 weeks to get everything straightned-out with the police dept., the ins. company, and the repair shop.

So, you have my utmost sympathy for this heinous act by someone you befriended...and who betrayed your good nature, kindness, and, trust forever with "just needing to get high" again.

Good luck to you and yours and I hope you can get your life, and your shop, back to what it once was in the future.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

It is just amazing to me what people will do to their bodies. I saw a segment on the news recently about a mom who found her dead teenaged son slouched over her air conditionoing unit. Apparently he had loosened a fitting and was inhaling the freon to get high. Freon....how freaking stupid can people be !

3. When I had my Shops the Cops always told me if I shoot somebody
    in my Shop make Sure he has a Cold piece on him
    and he is Dead
    I kept a Sawed off Shot Gun Double Barrel under the
    counter Loaded & ready for Action!
    only once I thought I would have to use it
    but the Guy Got Nervis when he seen my Hand under the
    counter & decieded to leave
    when He left I pulled it out & put it on the Counter
    so if he was outside he could see what I had
    my Speed Shop was Fully wired to the Police Station
    Cellings Windows all Doors
    , Police lock on the Front Door
    Lexion Windows with Metal Screens
    I had a Permit to Carry in NYC
    and back in the Day if we knew who the Steff was we
    Broke all his Fingers one at a time
    so he could feel the Pain for Stealing Stuff that Dosent belong
    to Him

Just my 3.5 cents

4. derbydad276

derbydad276

catch the punk beat him within an inch of his life
    when he heals do it again
    and as your beating him tell him that what your doing is no different than than what the drugs are doing to his body

a junkie stays a junkie

5. klazurfer

klazurfer

Imho .. The kid who used to ride his bike over to your shop ,.. the kid you helped :) is still inside that Crack-addict he have become .. Crack is gruesome ,and It surly makes a decent person into a deamon . Not easy when good kids loose integrety because grown men have No idea how to earn a decent buck .

klaz

6. rgaller

rgaller

Peace loving nation? :confused:

7. Great idea! but then we will be supporting the piece of shit because he has no hands to make a living, double loss for us!:eek: personally i'm all for bringing back the "Chain Gangs" and then send them to old Meriposa Joe for a fucking Bologna sandwich in the desert!:eek:

8. Fenders

Fenders

Keep two handguns.. one unloaded and untraceable... one legally registered on your person...
    The first is called a throwdown, which you drop by the body after you have shot the perp... don't have your fingerpints on it...
    of course you feared for your life when he pointed it at you...

9. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Drug use is out of control. Left my wife because of it and now my 21 year old daughter is following the same path. I blame the Government for allowing drug use (with billions of dollars, I am sure they have their hand in the cookie jar) and I blame the boomers for making drugs mainstream. On a short note, I have never used any type of illegal drug, not even weed and I am proud of it.

10. afaulk

afaulk

The "law" doesn't want us citizens doing its enforcement. The penalty for beating, maiming, or killing these pricks is worse than the sentences they would face for stealing everything we have, including peace of mind. Putting people in jail, obviously is not working. When society is not allowed to, or chooses not to discipline/supervise children, they grow up worthless. Until we as a society stop feeling sorry for these worthless scum and start systematically eliminating them we will certainly fail to improve the future for our children and grand children.

11. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Getting robbed is bad enough, getting robbed by a friend or someone you know is just sickening ..........................

12. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Ditto.

13. Then he just becomes a cripple on welfare sucking us dry that way!
    the chinese had the best solution in 1949. your caught selling drugs(opium in their case.) you got shot in the street like a dog. In this so-called "war-on-drugs" it would be nice to see some casualties on their side for a change.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  14. Sad
    Perhaps his parents are ....,,,,?

Maybe a li'l USMC enrollment post clean up could save this li'l donkey

15. I see you have the new Windows Capitol Letter Randomizer.

16. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

they say there's no such thing a zombies!!
    I beg to differ.
    crackheads or whatever,they all need to be stopped,drug abuse is nothing to turn a blind eye to.
    sorry it was an aquaintance that robbed you.
    the neighbourhood kids an i had an understanding,it went something like this-
    If anything here goes missing,i'm coming straight to your house to get it back.
    i said it to every kid.
    but i also treated them with the respect they deserved.
    in other words,some got it,some didnt,those that didnt were a little afraid of me.

17. Road Runner

Road Runner

Drugs have been around before early humans discovered them and are never the only or main problem.

Trusting some folks is as natural as it is for some folks to take advantage of it.

18. I hate to bring it up,but recently, I personally know what you are talking about. It breaks yout heart!!!

19. bonesy

bonesy

Just a sad story, all the way around.

20. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Well, his mother is a hard-working sweet woman, has been a waitress at our town's best cafe' for years. His dad is a deadbeat pill-head that is too lazy to work. He goes to Florida twice a month to these "pill-mills" and brings back enough pain pills to sell some and use the rest. It's really a sad situation.

I'd like to see the boy get into the USMC or the Army, somewhere where he could get some discipline and get his life straightened out. I am going to approach the Sheriff to see if it's possible as soon as I know for sure that they have him under arrest. Back in '72 I was the recipient of a judge's mercy. He gave me the option of facing a possible 5-7 year stretch in prison or joining the Army. Needless to say, I chose the Army, and honestly, that's where I "grew up".

21. ems customer service

ems customer service

had our trailer broken into on monday, cut the lock, lost alot of tools and special trailer stuff, smashed the windows on the tow van. crime is up this year.

22. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can relate somewhat to your story but my stuff was not one of one. The part that gets me is the amount of proof the police say they need. I say BS. When my flathead was stolen the police asked for the 18 digit vin number. Hell, did the horses in the old days that you were hung for stealing have an 18 digit vin number? I sure hope you get your valuables back, you never know, my flathead showed up 1 year and 2 weeks later and thanks to our fellow HAMBERS I have it in the garage. Crackheads suck!

23. drugs. its the very worst for any society. while i believe that we should be allowed to do what we want, i also believe that consequences should be justly severe for anything that affects anyone else. eye for an eye is a brilliantly simple philosophy that works.

I'm 22 many of my friends either have used or do use weed. having said that, many of them are some of the laziest mentally dull people i have ever known. Using drugs has no positive impact on anything (except in medical situations).

now i could get into how the boomers perpetuated this, or how the jazz musicians have introduced it into our culture or how there are SO many regulations and restrictions on things for our young people to do they feel that they have nothing else they can do to have fun or how it has been drilled into us since birth by advertisements and television shows that its "cool" to be lazy and "chill", but i wont. Drugs simply are and it will be until we meet our downfall.

Now if i just could just get down from this soap box i could get back to wrenching:rolleyes:

24. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

There is a crack house 2-doors from my place.....I've learnt the hard way myself . Least i can tell a crack-head when i see one now. Good luck on your out come , him getting popped won't help but the little bastard needs to learn .
    B.B.

25. MODELA30

MODELA30

WOW THATS SAD THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT WE AS THE PEOPLE HAVE TURNED OUR BACKS ON GOD AND EVEN STOP PRAYING IN SCHOOLS AND EVEN HAVE THE POLITITIANS SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT TAKING GODS NAME OFF OUR CURENCY. EVEN AS FAR AS TRYING TO LEGALIZE THE DRUG THAT STARTS A BEING TO HARDER DRUGS. EVERY BODY I KNOW THAT STARTED USING HARD DRUGS USED MARIJUANA FIRST AS A RECREATION AND NOW YES A BORING LAZY NON SHOWERING BUNCH OF ASSHOLES. PEOPLE THAT WILL STEAL FROM THERE OWN MOTHERS AND EVEN HIT THERE PARENTS TO LATER SEE THEM DIE IN A POOL OF BLOOD YES I HAVE SEEN THAT. I STILL FELT FOR HIS MOTHER AND I ALWAYS WILL. BUT FOR HIM I FELT SORRY BUT HE JUST NEVER GOT IT. I AM NOT A PERFECT PERSON BY ANY MEANS OF THE WORD BUT I DO KNOW THAT IF YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN PLAY WITH THE DEVIL AND NOT GET BURNED MAN ARE YOU STUPID. BELEAVE ME YOU I HAVE THE BURN MARKS TO PROVE MY STUPID PATHS. Knuck From Indiana.

26. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

That sucks,feel sorry ,he could of turned out better with that much help,but mostlikely feel with the wrong croud

27. kevin mac

kevin mac
    from toledo,oh

wow , thats all i can say....sorry for your loss, and even sorrier for the fact that a nother human being is going down the drain...got an older family member -same shit , ive paid dearly for being thier family...you know what i mean....you are right .....stay vigilant,lock your stuff up , watch, patroll if you got to ,keep it close if its dear to you.......dont give up hope though.....kevin/toledo

28. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

sad to hear all this, if the armed robbery thing sticks that will put him away. my ex's brother did the exact same thing, high on something, attemted armed robbery, girl he was with at the robbery gave him up. served 8 yrs for a first offence i think it was..it really sucks when you see a "kid" take the wrong road..

29. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

I once cought a Ex girlfriend goin into my wallet. she thought i was passed out drunk. Bitch... Cant trust anybody.

30. Zeke

Zeke

Not going to happen these days. No recruiter is gonna touch him. with the reduction of force, and current unemployment they have more people than they need without a junkie they know will get chaptered out within a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.