Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is Rod & Custom still around?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38fordpickup, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Wondering whether R&C is still being published? The September issue is still on the newsstand at the local grocery store. I subscribe to Street Rodder and know that both are from the same publisher, occasionally bought R&C when there was a feature or article of interest.

2. oldsman41

oldsman41

i got mine in the mail last week

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Check thier website. It's up. Google, my friend. Google.

4. Got by subscription copy a few days ago....

5. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Got mine last week also. I probably gave them the "kiss of death" though when I extended my subscription 3 years in Knoxville last year. Did the same thing with Rodder's Digest and they went belly up a little over a year later.

48 Poncho

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yeah, but it is only 10 pages now, and printed on toilet paper.

7. b-bob

b-bob

Just recieved the Feb. issue in the mail.It includes subscription cards that will give you two years of mags for $18.97 plus three dollars postage a year.
    That's pretty damn cheap if you get them all. Up here the mags are $7.99 each.

8. R&C is better than Street Rodder in my opinion. You ought to get both so you can follow everything from gold chainer street rods to rusty ass rat rods.

9. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

R&C has shown up in my mailbox for years - they were OTL for awhile

10. henry29

henry29

Which is ok because you can use the 7 pages of ads to wipe your ass with

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

but, the articles R&C has on the old time car builders/racers are really good.

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You mean Rod, Custom, and Hoffman Group?

13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aay oh! Rod and Custom will be around foever... whether it's in print for or online media... I'd really hate to see it switch to online media though.

14. couverkid

couverkid

I think it a great magazine still and a bargain for subscribers.

15. kevin mac

kevin mac
    from toledo,oh

16. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Just put my 3 year subscription in, and yes, a bargain: Some two euros delivered straight to my mail box in Helsinki, Finland. In my opinion we still need qualified journalists paid for their work.

-Pasi

17. dlotraf

dlotraf

I'd suscribe. If you keep a close look at the subscription cards they throw in a few here and there, this year it was $20.00, for 1 year of R&C and 1 year of SR. You have to look at each one of the three or four they stuff in the mags, only one will be the really good deal. I just reupped with the $20.00 deal. I'm not a great fan of SR, but at less than $1.00 an issue, it gives me somthing to stare at. Locally I've noticed that the stores are cutting back on the magazines they carry, and also some are very slow to get the new issues on the racks.

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'm sorry to say that after 50 years of magazine addiction, I didn't miss it. They left me and my interests a long time ago judging by the few that I have leafed through while waiting for a prescription.

19. The articles on Historic Figures in our Hobby done by Dick Martin make the cost of subscription worth it by themselves!

20. Oh thats funny!

But the truth is those ad dollars pay one of our pals saleries, guys like RF and Aarron. Besides, w/o the Hoffman group who would we ridicule?:D

21. I let my subscription run out a few years ago. It got to the point where I could go through the entire issue in about 20 minutes. Boring.....

22. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Same here, I let mine go this summer, too many 1-800 cars, electronic crap, tech articles that applies to plastic cars, etc.

23. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Yep, Still around. I let it run out a while back. Some nice cars, but far too high end for the average hobbiest.

They have alot of fluff and crap. Decent Tech Articles & Traditional Rods are few and far between.

I think some of the best cars are in the shots of the swap meets and various events. These are the cars they should feature.

24. Spike!

Spike!

Bahahahahaha...toilet paper..phhhtttt...its tissue paper...hahahaha

Spike

25. krooser

krooser

The question is is Street Rodder still around!!!

26. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Both are still around--R & C is making tech articles out of ads imo---my subscription is going away when out. I can live with Street Rodder only.

27. chubbie

chubbie

I remember when a tech article was about modifying a part or what salvage yard part could be used for the build up of your rod. real how tos! all tech in all mags today is how to install the advertisers product. its so bad that MOST rodders think if you don't have these parts on your car that it's not equal to theirs:eek: Haven't seen a RC mag in years.

28. Soreback

Soreback

I remember when a tech article was about modifying a part or what salvage yard part could be used for the build up of your rod. real how tos! all tech in all mags today is how to install the advertisers product. its so bad that MOST rodders think if you don't have these parts on your car that it's not equal to theirs:eek: Haven't seen a RC mag in years. Sad but true. God forbid you have to fab something when you could order it and bolt it on. I still have a subscription to R&C, sadly my last.

29. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Isn't that tha truth. They are the new Street Beasts.

30. Koolman

Koolman

What should a traditional/old shcool oriented rodder read other than TRJ?