Register now to get rid of these ads!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE HUBCAP STYLE,post pics of your hubacaps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theDISCOpunk, Dec 10, 2011.

1. theDISCOpunk

theDISCOpunk
    from La Mesa,Ca

So I'm looking to buy a set of hubcaps for my 1946 Plmouth & was wondering what everyones favorite hubcaps are?
    Any ideas what I should go with? Also should I buy 2 or 4 caps since Im running fenderskirts?
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS-theDISCOpunk

[​IMG]

2. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Taken from the internet.. Early Cadillac Sombreros are the creme de la creme.[​IMG]

3. cheveey57

cheveey57

Whatever you decide on, get four. You never know when you'll need a spare.

4. I got lucky and found 2 MINT Hollywoods for my 41...I would have bought 4 if the guy had 4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. theDISCOpunk

theDISCOpunk
    from La Mesa,Ca

I jus called the shop & they said my rims are 16', does anyone know any shops online?
    I was just on www.hubcapmike.com, the only have 16' in smoothies.

6. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Most hub caps from the late 40s to 50s era will all be 15 inch. it might be a good idea to look into getting some 15 inch wheels, it will slightly lower the car and your possibilities will greatly increase when it comes to running caps.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  7. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Those caps look PERECT on your car. Im jealous

8. that merc is friggin beautiful! big fan of those caps too. i saw a set of 50's desoto hubcaps at a swap meet a couple of months back, if i had more money i woulda brought them they were similar to those caddy ones but a little bit flatter and has "DeS" in script written across the middle.

9. oh and chris your 41 is damn cool. one of those is high on my list of future projects.

10. skidsteer

skidsteer

It needs a set of '57 Plymouth cone hubcaps. I'm a little rusty on how to post pics, but just do a search on them.

11. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

What era are you looking to build your car towards? that could help in making suggestions. It would look great in the 40s-early 50s era

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

46 Canadian Monarch.

13. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

These:
    [​IMG]

...have always loved 'em......

CB

14. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I'm gonna run these 51 desoto caps on my '47 Dodge coupe.

[​IMG]

15. StuntmanJames

StuntmanJames
    from Denton Tx

Like these? My 55 Desoto I had 3 and just got another 2 so now i have a whole set! :D
    [​IMG]

16. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

17. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I would love to see Plymouth cones (or better yet, the period aftermarket versions without the little indented squares on the outside of the cone) or '55-'56 Lancers re-popped. I know all the "speculators" that have been buying up short bar lancers wouldn't like it, but oh well.

19. sololobo

sololobo

Great looking coupe, your styling is a nice vintage look, visor, nice stainless and chrome trim. I think a nice set of trim rings and a nice set of MoPar dog dish caps. Your originals are perfect, but look like the finish is pretty gone. Really love the look of this baby. Baby moons and trim rings would be a nice classic look also. Can't go wrong with a conservative approach. Full wheel covers don't look as nice on black wall tires as caps and rings. Some whitewalls would set this ride off nice also, I wonder if the wheels black instead of body color might look good. Enough of my b.s. about how I would like it. Go get'em bro. ~sololobo~

20. theDISCOpunk

theDISCOpunk
    from La Mesa,Ca

the pic was right before I sent it to the shop to have it gone thru. Im gonna have it chopped & bagged later in 2012, right now Im just lowering it, Coker whitewalls, skirts on the back. I hate to swtich out the stock rims but Im probably gonna switch to 15's.

21. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

sounds like a good plan, i hope you go with some bias ply wide whites.. it would add so much to the look, a lot more than radials would.

22. theDISCOpunk

theDISCOpunk
    from La Mesa,Ca