Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to get white convertible top fabric?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52carsontop, Dec 8, 2011.

1. 52carsontop

52carsontop
    from East TN

Went by one of the upholstery shops today to see what they offer in white that can be used on my carson top. They should me the only one they can get and it was not white. I need a snow white fabric as my interior will be snow white. Need it as white as it can get. He said the only way to get true white would be to cover the top with vinyl. Really did not like that idea. So can I get true white or do I have to settle for a ugly vinyl top or a different color?

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The original Carson tops were made with Hartz Stayfast cloth also known as Hartz Cloth. I'm not sure if it comes in Bright white.

Most interiors are done in a bone white instead of a bright white I think the carson tops would match better. Not sure there though.

3. 52carsontop

52carsontop
    from East TN

Thanks for the pointers. Going to check out the hartz fabric and see what colors they offer.

4. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

larrydennis.com is an amazing business with everything you need for auto/boat interiors and exteriors.

I used to shop there for boat stuff and the inventory was overwhelming

5. X2 on the boat top guys.....probably your best shot.