Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Video: The Wade Coupe.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Flyinsolo71

Flyinsolo71
    from Austin

Brian, what is your plan of attack each day? So many details and tedious design work going on....do you just roll with it each day when you come in or do you make yourself a punch list? Your patience and craftsmanship floor me! Awesome stuff!

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd like to know reason why the firewall got bumped for the HEMI setback. My '30 Roadster will have a 354 on '32 rails and I thought there was room without any firewall work. Great work as always, look forward to the next post. Bob:)

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Uhum... Anything new?

4. Ya, What Scott said^^^^^^. Whatcha doing over there Mr. Brian Bass?

5. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Scooter, Dale....yes there has been some progress made. I'll probably add to the original post on the car pretty soon.

6. YEAH!!!! And your roadster?;)

7. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Bob, I put the body a little further forward on the deuce frame than a lot of people do...this was primarily to try to get the reveal in the frame to line up with the body a little better. Also, with the spring behind the front axle, and the wheelbase set at a still relatively short 107", I was limited by how far forward I could put the engine and still have room for the crank pulley. It all worked out though, because I really like the way the firewall looks now that it is more flush with the cowl sides.

8. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

The roadster is still way back on the back burner right now. I still haven't got my '29 Coupe painted yet either, and I'd like to do that before getting back on the roadster.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Brian, guess my stone stock firewall is safe. For some reason I just think a smoothed up 30-31 firewall is a great piece of metal stamping.

10. Mr. Bass, That is incredibly too cool, thanks for sharing Brian!

11. fitzee

fitzee

Can never get sick of Bass work.. always something to learn!!

12. Lucky_mtl

Lucky_mtl
    from Montreal

amazing work ! can't wait to see the car !