Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration I Now Keep Automotive Detailer in my Kitchen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Dec 6, 2011.

1. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

LOVE IT!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

I had to show the boys right away.
    I can't wait to see it in person.

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Big Olds is reflected in it. Shiny.

3. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Good to see you finally got it set up and using it.
    Thought maybe you had decided to hang it on the wall and just look it.

4. I'm breathing a sigh of relief.....:eek:
    I had my doubts about this whole project, Denise, and I honestly was afraid you didn't like it....I almost called to try and buy it back from you :eek:.....I even asked BenD if he saw it at your house last time he was there, and he said it wasn't put together. I'm SO glad you're using it. And the Dusty striping.....man, what can I say---fantastic addition!!!! Wow!:cool:
    Thanks for all the kind words(I'm not worthy). I'm real fortunate to have my HAMB friends--especially ones like Denise that trust me to just "do" things--thank you all!:)

For Flatheadjohnny......the flamed base is a plasma cut 3/16 steel plate, tapped for bolts that align with a banjo axle housing that was shortened, then a trailer tongue jack was inverted and sunk into it, then welded. The jack tube was then topped off with 1 1/2 square tubing forming an "x". The X lags to a piece of plywood, which is attached to the hood skin....which came off a 60 Catalina, btw. I'd like to see someone else do one--I love car furniture :D

5. Terry

Terry

Absolutely awesome!

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

Very cool table. Now, you need four chairs made from wheels and you can dine in style. :D

CRUISER :cool:

7. Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash

That is one cool table. DAMN...!

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Flatware should be interesting. :rolleyes:

9. S.F.

S.F.

\

kool, hopefully my 34 will be runnin by then, Ill cruise it up there

10. ionahead

ionahead
    from Ca

Very very cool.

11. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Texas trip? Did I hear you say Pig BBQ? Think any cookies will be involved? Great table you have there...Earl did you good.....

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Denise,
    That table is so cool i can't stand it:eek: Your house is so awesome. Maybe some day i'll get to see it.
    Gasser Girl

13. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

I got a new pair that are even snazzier. You NEED to be out and about more.

WHAT! That''s crazy talk! Let me know when y'all get together, I got rid of my leash so I'm allowed to play again....

14. millersgarage

millersgarage

coasters people! use a coaster...:D

damn that is cool D

15. Earl - It was a pleasure to stripe your work...
    YOU ARE WORTHY - I've been at the painter thing a while and seen it all - I like your work. What brand of paint did you use?
    I sanded it all with 1200 and then striped... one shot... Then Shop Line fast clear (panel/spot clear) to keep the clear from attacking the one shot - the first coat was a light coat - that stuff goes off real fast so it doesn't attack the one shot. Had to sand and rub after, but it looks pretty good.

Denise is a blast to do things for! and those cookies.... :cool::D:cool::D

Now its on to the mixer over there on the corner of her new countertop...
    Just a stripe job...

Thanks for the kind words. That was a fun one to stripe....

Dusty

16. Very cool and well done!!

17. OK, really Denise....stop already! I still have 4 or 5 pics of your stuff in a file for ideas to add to the office over time. Now I'll have to add this for a conference table idea and the chrome spear for drapes that we desperately need in the reception area. Could you at least slow down a bit and give me time to catch up a little? :D Looks AWESOME!! You have the best ideas!

18. hey denise i hate to be the one to tell you this , but, you MAY just be a genuine died -in -the-wool certified bonified car nut

the table looks great is it a glass hood? reason i ask is from the pic of the underside the hood looks smooth (no under bracing)

wouldnt mind eating a few dozen or so hot fresh cookies sitting at that table

19. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I'd be afraid of using it! OK, NEW rules for the kitchen. ONLY plastic sporks and styrofoam

20. I know now why you sat out in the parkin' lot, Bill....otherwise, you would have been in that pic with me and Tim :eek: You're a pretty smart guy...no evidence, airtight alibi....

ah! No wonder it looks better than when it left here---you recleared it! I'm PPG all the way, Dusty. That was 2021/DFX11. Again, fine job sir :cool:

21. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Great idea Denise ! Maybe you should get a "car cover" (instead of a table cloth !) when those 8 are seated around that beautiful Objet D'Arte !!:D

Jonnie

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  22. oldpaint

oldpaint

WOW! :)
    Denise, good thing you finally got that table out of your head. Now you will have room for other creative ideas.:D

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Took a few photos last night that will interest you but my internet was down at the house. Guy coming today to replace modem. Hopefully tonight I can post.

I'm actually in the process of making/repurposing a bunch of mismatched chairs to coordinate with the table. I've already done one gloss black with a fuzzy zebra seat. Will post those when done.

I wish I had a dollar for everyone thats been in my house and took pictures of stuff over the years.:D

You guys NEED to stop here, in fact pls feeel free to stay here at the house. I've got plenty of room.

The artwork that is reflecting is an original graphite pencial drawing that HAMBer Surf Monkey did for me a few years ago.

You know me, slow and steady. Was a busy summer and fall and it just wasn't a priority till now. Went over a year without a kitchen table, what was another couple of months going to matter.:D

Oh sweetheart, you should have asked and I would have filled you in on what then plans were. I just didn't want to put it together and then have to take it apart to take to it Bob's place for the striping. As you know it's not something that I can move/lift/take apart by myself cuz it's so heavy. Once the Christmas holidays are over I will take it apart and glue this thick felt I bought for the bottom then will place the table on the hardwood floor in the new dining area.

You HAVE to come up this summer and see it. Perhaps for my pig roast in June. We can celebrate our birthdays together.:cool:

and just for you....STRAWBERRY LEMONADE!;)

That would be SO GREAT! Pls feel free to come to the pig roast in June.

Cool, see ya in June then if not before.

I've got some, and party napkins work well too when theres lots of people.

and then I'm sure there will be something else. I saw you eyeballing that flat surface on that black Zebra chair.;)

24. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

That's what I was thinking. I'd be afraid of scratching it.

THAT is awesome and I'm way jealous! How cool!

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Look who's talking!:p I'm trying to make my home as cool as your office! One of these days I'll get down there to visit AND I certainly hope one of these days you come up here to do the same.

You need to make it up here for one of my parties then.;)

It's busting with them. I'm currently making a bookcase out of license plates as my inside project and outside I'm working on a trellis out of old races and bearings. Will post those photos when completed as well.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Here's some photos of the underside, hope they help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]