Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Other Erskine Owners Out There???

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Erskine Man, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Erskine Man

Erskine Man

Hi, My name is Steve Wilson, I'm an Engineering Tech at a Water Softener manufacturer. I have had several old cars over the years, some by choice, some by necessity. I come to the H.A.M.B via Tuck, who happens to be dating my daughter and we are both from Pine City, MN. Currently I have a 1930 Erskine, a 1968 Chevy C-10, a 1978 F-150 4x4, and the rest of the old crap I have I drive daily. I guess I'm into anything old and anything mechanical. I also am doing my part to keep old Hammond Organs alive and well.

Great to be a part of the group......

Steve

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Steve!!! :) Welcome- You totally RULE! Above is a pic of me driving the Erskine home from their familys land. I had never even heard of an Erskine before- The car is totally RAD. :)

3. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

Steve...

Is this your Erskine I took photos of at Dan's at the Metal meet in October? Or is it one of the "other" ones you are asking about?

Attached Files:

4. Kandyraegun

Kandyraegun
    from Pine City

You need to post pics of your Erskine, Erskine man.

5. Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B. from Iowa, home of Vintage Torque Fest!

6. khead47

khead47

Hi from Mi.

7. Erskine Man

Erskine Man

Nope, mine's a '30 Sedan, Model 53, bone stock. Tuck posted video a couple posts above. I didn't know he was taking any, he drove it home from our property a couple weeks ago. 35 mile trip at around 40 mph. You can hear that old 6 banging away, never been touched, 107,000 miles. I'll get some pics up.

8. Erskine Man

Erskine Man

Here's a few pics....

Attached Files:

9. Erskine Man

Erskine Man

A few more...

Attached Files:

10. richbud

richbud
    from east tenn

Now thats averry cool car i love it.

11. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

12. sawzall

sawzall

erskine? what the heck is an erskine?

welcome!

13. Erskine Man

Erskine Man

The Erskine was Studebaker's Edsel. Albert Erskine, president of Studebaker, released the Erskine, named after himself, in 1927 as a compact car, completely unique, not sharing parts with the Studebakers. They had Continental engines at first. They didn't sell well and each year they got a little bigger and shared more parts with Studebakers to save money. By 1930 (the year mine is) other than the radiator badge they were identical to the corresponding Studebaker models, my 1930 model 53 sedan was identical to a Studebaker model 53 sedan. They even offered rebadging kits to the last of the Erskine owners to make them a Studebaker (to hide their shame presumably). Mine was made a month or two before they stopped with the Erskines. Albert Erskine went on to make the Rockne, which also was a huge failure and he wound up killing himself in 1933, the Erskine and Rockne failures aside, the depression had had taken it's toll on Studebaker he had not been able to keep ahead of things. I may have gotten a couple of details wrong, but that's the skinny on Mr. Erskine and the cars that bear his name.

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

welcome from huntsville al. hometown and burial place of albert russell erskin

15. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome Aboard from Tennessee!

16. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Hello from Illinois...and a picture of one my Rocknes...

Attached Files:

17. AeroMonte

AeroMonte

I'm another Erskine owner from Poplar Bluff Mo. I know this is an old thread but just wanted to say Hi. I picked my 1930 Erskine Model 53 up in Elkhorn Wi last week. The owner before that was from Downs Illinois and he started a resto but passed away. I have most of the parts for the car and it is very solid and straight. For now it is safely tucked away in the garage waiting for warmer weather