Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shop full of pig tails....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyscustoms, Dec 7, 2011.

1. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Dunno why I'm sharing this but it's been a long week and this made me laugh my ass off for about 10 min.

one of my neighbors kids needed some air in his bike tire so I told him pull it in , and we'll fix it up. He did and as I was filling his tire he asked "why is your shop full of metal pig tails?" I didn't have any idea what he was talking about til he pointed at my scrap pile.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1323303551.164174.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1323303611.987775.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1323303646.539680.jpg

2. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

question is where is the rest of the pig...

doublecuts?

3. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

So I told him they were just cut offs my shear made, then i charged him 35 bucks for the air and told him he was gonna need a new chain and bearings so it was gonna run him around 450.00 and he could pick his bike up sometime next week. Hay if he doesn't like it he can go to huffy and pay there 85 dollar an hour rate

:)

4. Well, that there is the way I would've handled it.

5. blt2go

blt2go

nice!!!! about 20 years ago i worked in a filling station. one summer day a kid about 10 rolled in a scooter with flats. he asked if i could air them up, i said sure roll it over here. the boss man was standing near and said be careful those don't hold much at all. i said i can see that. quickly applied the chuck to the valve stem and released it, perfect did the next one and neither one blew. he got on and got a few good kicks between the gas pumps and boom....boom. he just kept on going. makes me laugh to this day.

6. metalman

metalman

Makes me think of a time when I was around 10, pushed my bike down to a gas station to get some air for my tires. The gruff old owner looked out and yelled "air cost money, unless your buying gas you don't get any so get out of here". Had to push my bike back home:( Guess he never figured out in a few years us kids might be driving and buying gas. I never bought a drop from him when I got old enough to drive because of his attitude that day.

7. yellow dog

yellow dog
    from san diego

Good stories...but I remember as a kid in the 50's with gas stations on the 4 corners down the street, wreaking vengence on this one particular gas station guy that wouldn't let us fill up our bike tires, so every time we rode by we'd be sure to ride over his dinger bell a bunch of times to piss him off. Sounds kinda lame now, but we thought we were rebels

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Mmmm.....pork chops.

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

show me the pork chops

10. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

WTF......i just blew up one on my old Schwinn, did'nt hurt to bad but my hearing was............... f@#%kedup for a day.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

11. striper

striper

I put air in a crusty old tyre on my 36 to roll it around one day. When it let go it instantly cleared all the settled dust out of the whole shed. Fucking BANG!

12. boldventure

boldventure

:confused:Pig iron...Iron pig:rolleyes:

13. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

pigtails-its what my pigtail cutter makes.

14. Deuces

Deuces

How about a hotdog??? :rolleyes::)

Attached Files:

15. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Wait a minute

Attached Files:

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Oh that ain't right! lol

17. Deuces

Deuces

I'm sure they did that just for giggles... :)
    Cute little bugger ain't it??? :)

18. Looks like you may have been crowding the tool a bit. Doing some major rough cutting there were ya.

Pig tails, main I wish I had thought if that when I was still working. I can hear it now, " Benno clean those damned chips up before someone gets hurt!" "What you mean these pig tails??" :D:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  19. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Those are great for welding up gaps from me sucking at fitting panels.

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

My shop is "Inna Hood" in an old commercial bldg. that I bought in '86, and I've been pumping up bicycle, and scooter tires, plus basketballs and footballs for the neighborhood kids all those years, and once in awhile I'll tighten up a bolt or nut for these kids, many of whom have no Daddy @ home to help them with things like this.
    Now the ones that were kids way back are grown men and some stop by and say hello once in a while. And all of them are good about keeping an eye on the place when I'm not there.
    Never hurts to treat people the way you'd have liked to be treated.
    Dave

21. speedexx

speedexx
    from Georgia

Darn good way to be man! Is your shop still open?

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I still do a bit of general machine shop work, and a little welding for a few folks, but not much else except work a little on my roadster project and maintain my daily driver(s). At 74, I don't always feel up to doing much, but I usually go over there for a while each day and piddle around a bit.
    Where are you in GA?

23. manyolcars

manyolcars

We had a station owner like that when I was a kid. we would take a bottle opener and a cup and get free coke and sometimes when we paid for a bottle of coke we would drink it then throw the empty bottle as high as possible and watch it pulverize on his driveway. And NEVER bought gas there when I grew up.

24. Zerk

Zerk

If a kid walked up and asked, "Mister, what's that swarf doing all over the floor?" I guess I'd offer him a job as a trainee sweeper ;)

25. For some reason I was expecting this from the title ;
    [​IMG]

26. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I always tried to be good to that kids cause their the ones that's gonna fuck with ya.

27. evs1

evs1

The old bottle machines that had the caps of the bottles all arranged in a verticle row? Dang, I thought that I came up with that one. I guess it is pretty obvious though.

28. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Is that why you're so mean to me?:eek:

29. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Ya know I never really thought of it like that , but my shit never really gets messed with and it seems my neighbors stuff does all the time... Hmmm