Register now to get rid of these ads!

10 point roll cage, parachute mount & wheelie bar install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl E. Hagan Jr., Dec 5, 2011.

1. Been a while, so "Best from KC"
    Here's a 10 point roll cage I just finished up in a 1964 Nova SS
    Fab'd the parachute mount and welded the wheelie bar brackets up.
    Carl Hagan Jr.
    FlashBurn Fabrication

Attached Files:

2. And some more pics.
    Look me up on facebook

Attached Files:

3. A few more 'cause i know how much y'all like pics.

Attached Files:

4. Here the last of the pics, "Enjoy!"
    This Nova has been in the last few KC World of Wheels shows, so be sure to look for it this year. Sinking the cage on this car was ...well....a chore.

Attached Files:

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

RAD!
    I was just looking through a bunch of mid '80's car magazines last night....
    Time to start stocking up on Centerlines, Mr. Gasket scoops and nozzzzzzzzzz.........
    I loved Pro-Street....

6. bttt for the next day morning crowd. Carl Hagan

7. Looks good, Carl. I see you practice the "weld it up, jack it up" method of cage construction. Amazing how many people never figure that out...

I gotta question for you about the chute receiver. Just wondering why you didn't go directly to the rails...or is the car not back-halved?:eek:

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Looks really good. I just heard of something the other day I hadn't heard before..........a 7 point cage. What is that, a 6 point with one more bar?

We are going to be putting an 8 point in my Kids Capri pretty soon and the only thing I am sweating is getting the bars painted nicely once inside the car..........must be fun working a gun around all the existing body panels.:eek:

Don

9. Tied the parachute mount directly to the cage since the cage is welded directly to the subframe connectors. 64 Nova is a Uni-body. Thanks for all the props, guys.

10. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

nice work! does that car really lift the wheels, and go fast enough that it needs a chute to stop? not bein a wise ass, its just that the car looks kinda tame. either way, its still really nice work.

11. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

Excellent work! I think a hopped up Nova woulld be a perfect daily driver.

12. pool

pool

That ought to stiffen it up for our fine Missouri roads and without KCIR thats where the action gonna happen.

13. Not sure if it will lift the wheels, but they are hoping. Pushing a bunch of Nitros through a small block chevy. Thanks again for the props. "Now, back to fab'ng skateboard equipment." Later. Carl Hagan