Register now to get rid of these ads!

swap meet pic find , big deal in a personal way

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Landwehr, Jun 5, 2005.

1. was roaming around the GM swap at MN fairgrounds today and saw some old framed gasser pics on a table , a few looked familiar and ...DAMN ! THATS MY OLD CAR! ,,I bought it on the spot, ya see I lost all of my old photo's in a house fire in '90,been moaning about the lost memory's since , well ... this will help a bit ..sold the J in '86 -
    I'm going over there this week, he says he has tons of lt 60's to early 70's pics from MN Dragways (closed around '74-'75) and most likely has pics of my other cars.

Attached Files:

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

hot damn! you were way overdue for a stroke of good luck,hope it keeps up :D

3. HOLY SHIT, what are the odds of that happening? Congrats and good for you!-MIKE:eek: :D

4. he had a small foggy pic of a 51 chevy 2 dr sedan gasser that may well be one of mine as well tho in an earlier B4 i owned it version ,said he has more of that car so i'll be looking for those as well :D

5. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

6. radarlover

radarlover
    from az

Sure makes you wonder.

7. sometimes the world feels small.

congrats!

8. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

WOW! That can strike a real emotional chord sometimes. Good for you.

9. Fidget

Fidget

Quick, go buy a lotto ticket!!!

10. TIKIFREAK13

TIKIFREAK13
    from Duluth MN

glad you found pics of your past cars Mike had a ex in late 80s that burned most pics of my teen year car pics 85-89 & was mostly drag & muscle stuff hay did you have any cars used in "Catch me if you can"

11. Blaze

Blaze

Great strock of luck! That's just too cool, and I'm proud for ya!

12. That's one for the,"statistical probability"gurus to thrash around awhile.Glad to see you re-united with an important part of your past.
    I had a similar experience some time back:I had grown up with my grandparents and had always been an avid reader.I enlisted in the Navy in 1964 and my grandfather died shortly thereafter.
    By the time I returned home the house had been sold and all my stuff(including my fairly good sized library of books and hot rod magazines)had been disposed of by my uncle.
    Probably 20 years had elapsed and I was at a flea market in the town I now lived in which was some distance from where I grew up.I spied a brown paper bag full of books laying on the floor and bent down to go through them.
    Inside I found 4 novels by author Jack Kerouac and written inside the front cover was the inscription I used to put in all my books:"This book has been read at least twice by Raymond Smith"and my address!
    Needless to say they were re-purchased and once again reside in one of my bookshelves.
    Sure wish I could have found my old hot rod books at the same time.

13. Actually I worked on that little known movie , i was the tow truck operater for all the crash scenes, Buzzy Cripes was the movie mechanic , a long time old school stock car racer locally and an active street rodder today, it was one of Steven Summers , (Van Helsing etc ..) first movies , I went to school with him , I was there when they crashed the blue 57 (flames) at Apollo High School (Steve S.'s High school) and took it and the red 57 out to Buzzy's , He still has the red 57 , the blue 57 was toast,we got no credit at all in the credits , (no surprize ) but it was fun , you can actually see how small those big bad ass actors really are in person , little shits mostly :rolleyes: , I'd kill to get that J back :D , now that i know more of what i'm doing ....;)

14. TIKIFREAK13

TIKIFREAK13
    from Duluth MN

thought that sence you lived there you prob had spmething to do with movie a girl that was over here partying sunday night was from st cloud so made me think of movie her older brother was a extra in the high schooli allways like the chevys in it & the velle SS as i had one of each at that time