Register now to get rid of these ads!

Riley Auto

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Ryan, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Ryan, he dealt with different people differently and you were only going by your experience...not much else can honestly be said.

Bob is going to just keep doing what he does and leave it at that.

I just want to make sure people know he will not be getting any more Wilson brakes and probably should not be taking orders for them if he still is.

2. BratRod

BratRod

You can add me to that list as well :(

3. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

Not quite, my problems first started in late 2009. Same story, pay for parts and not received for weeks. Finally, got all the parts, but screwed me out of the 10% discount ($1000.00 ++), felt lucky I got the parts. Also, ended up paying more for some parts than quoted.

He was on ebay for a few weeks ago, do not remember his ID.

For all the people that feel sorry for him, don't, because he will not change and he will go on doing this same scam.

4. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

5. Berzerk

Berzerk

I went round and round with Eric and his lies.

The problem with Eric is that there are a bunch of guys who will stand up for him and defend him as a good dude who is having some rough times. We all have rough times but most of us do not turn into thiefs...

6. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Well said I tried to comment on this along time ago and was shut down. I wll keep bringing this up because I don't want any others to get ripped off by Eric at Riley also know here as Vaphead

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Perfectly willing to admit that I defended Eric for too long. My mistake and I kick myself for it. All I can do is learn...

That said, I would like to keep this thread specific to the folks that have bad deals at the moment.

thanks,

8. BratRod

BratRod

Just to update, I spoke to Eric about a week and a half ago. Supposedly he is in the process of selling one of his cars, and when the deal goes through he will be paying people back/shipping parts. I only half believe him, it seems like the right thing to do but also like an easy excuse. (I really do want to believe him because it means I might be getting my order) Any one know if this is actually Eric's car?

he said he is selling this...

Attached Files:

• 32R.JPG
      32R.JPG
      File size:
      89.2 KB
      Views:
  9. BratRod

BratRod

Thank you, that makes me feel slightly better about this.

10. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I wouldn't hold your breath thou. I send Eric a polite Email reminding him that he still owes me $2000 and giving him my bank details so he can organize a refund. That was a week ago. Still haven't heard anything from him thou.

Ed

11. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

Amend to this post..................

12. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Iwrote to him last week and again this week regarding the $1944 he owe me but have received no reply:-(

Ed

13. BratRod

BratRod

Update! I got my front end kit in the mail!! The situation is looking up!

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Great news! Does that complete your order?

15. BratRod

BratRod

No, but its a big step in the right direction

16. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Hi Ryan,

Now that it's clear that Eric has ripped some people off and hasn't tried to refund them. It's nearly two years now since Eric billed my credit card. Could we now move this thread to the main board, where other common thieves, scammers and conmen get revealed? It's very well hidden here, and Eric is still taking peoples money.

Cheers

Ed

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No, I try to reserve the main forum for on topic threads.

In any case, this thread is well read and well indexed on every search engine imaginable. If someone is looking for feedback, they will find it.

Further, due to these issues Eric is no longer on this forum. As such, he won't be taking anyone's money from it.

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Any more updates? Are you still out $2000?

19. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Yes Ryan - still waiting. Close on two years now. I don't think he ever intends to refund me but I'll never forget it and one day when I'm desperate for money I'll pay him a visit and ask for my money back face to face. It costs me about $700 to fly to Colorado and back. He owes me $2000. Simple math really.

Thanks for your concern and if and when I get my money back you'll be the first to know.

Cheers

Ed

20. HotRodHoon

HotRodHoon

I've just found this thread,i wish i had found it earlier!
    It appears that he is still up to his old tricks i've paid for one of his subrail kits and it was all very easy until i paid the paypal invoice now its all gone quiet....575usd out of pocket now not happy!!!

21. RATFINKFOREVER

RATFINKFOREVER
    from Canada Eh

Bought a trans adapter and a T-Shirt got the adapter T-Shirt never showed up. Said he ran out of my size. Worst part is my Name is Riley so I really wanted the shirt and with all this happening he's running my name through the dirt.

22. BratRod

BratRod

12 months + and still waiting for part of an order.....

23. HotRodHoon

HotRodHoon

Update...I got a refund today! I'm pleased but also dissapointed the subrail kit looked perfect! i would have rather have had the parts than the money.Also he did say he would send the kit and i could pay on receipt of goods,watch this space...

24. HotRodHoon

HotRodHoon

I've just got back from working away over Xmas and i have a parcel from Riley!

I have to apologise to Eric i jumped the gun a bit when i read this thread and panicked,he came good to his word and i now have my subrail kit.
    So thanks Eric! Hopefully he will do the same with the other guys on here.
    Just keep people up to date Eric.

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Curious... How many people are still out money and parts?

I've noticed Eric Riley (Riley Auto Parts) has been trying to login using different usernames. We are going to take car of that... Obviously.

26. BratRod

BratRod

got an email from Eric a few days ago saying I would be receiving the rest of my order this week. But as of this moment still owed.... we will see what happens

27. Is Riley still questionable? I need a set of his Model A on a '32 frame rear subrails. They are on that auction site, but I'm very hesitant to pull the trigger because of his rep.

28. silent rick

silent rick

i've never had a problem with him. i deal with eric direct. what's his recent ebay feedback say?

29. It's 97.3%, but pretty good recently. I think I'll call him Monday before I buy on the bay.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

30. AD_NAPCO

AD_NAPCO

Well, while he's probably always gonna be questionable, I think he's tried to make most things right from what I've been reading. I'd say if you use that auction site you should be pretty safe, especially if you use that auction site's uh, "pay buddy" system to pay him. If he doesn't deliver, they'll put him in a world of hurt and you'll get your money back...