Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for input on interior color...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TABLAY, Dec 4, 2011.

1. TABLAY

TABLAY

See photo of dash, red with white inset. Car to be painted all satin black, wide whites, with black steelies, chrome bumpers, headlite bezels, and grille. The rest of the chrome removed (not even door handles). SO, all black interior with the red dash? Too much contrast? Would red and white interior overpower satin black exterior ?

Attached Files:

2. Willy301

Willy301

Maybe the bulk of the dash should be satin black with some red and white details. The seats could be red with white insets and black cording.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think the steering column needs to be the same red as the wheel, and the upholstery should be mostly a matching red with some white pleats to break it up.

Don

4. 37_chevy

37_chevy
    from Nebraska

That's my vote too. Black interior would get really hot in the summer.

5. squirrel

squirrel

that interior makes my eyes hurt, and I drive a two tone red/white car!

6. Maybe go with red "steelies" and caddy wheel covers and tone the interior down to red and silver. Red/silver pleated seats and panels with all red dash and silver accents on wheel. my 2 cents.

7. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I agree with Squirrel ....the red/white has to go.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

red and white is fine, but there is to much alternating. paint the steering wheel and column red with just the dash insert done white

what are you running for front susp? I see a later tilt column..

9. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

I think its up to how crazy you want to get because a peppermint car would be neat but i think either a black or white with red piping and some details on the dash. Keep it simple or go all out and make your dream come true.

10. LameExcuse

LameExcuse
    from Renton, WA

Red wheels with chrome baby moons and wide white will tie everything together.

11. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

I would pull the satin black into the interior scheme . Maybe in place of the white , that would take care of that steering column issue . I also think the white gauges on the white dash area is a bit too much , at least for me . With the motif of satin black and minimal chrome I think the white just jumps right out of place . I love white on interiors but it wouldn't work for me with the look you've described . My .02

12. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

X3 , tone it down.

13. Twos company, threes a crowd. Kiss theroy.

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Back in the mid to late '50's, many cars came from the factory with three-tone exterior paint jobs...and different colored interiors...the three colors yo have now will not fight each other...however, since you live in Michigan, I'd forget about a black interior, unless you have A/C in the car. Even the red is going to be hot when you sit on it in summers but red and white would be the best choice, especially on a black car. I see you've got red below the trim...is that going to stay...???

A black interior tends to "close up" (make it look smaller) the interior and a light colored interior will "open" it up...your choice.

Oh, and paint the column to match the wheel.

R-

15. cederholm

cederholm

If you keep to you current plan, I would do an all red interior with MINOR white accents. Maybe white seat belts, or door piping or maybe the rear package tray. I would also do a LITTLE red and white pin stripping on the outside to tie it together.

~ Carl

16. Mildsteel

Mildsteel
    from VALE N.C.

White or silver roll and pleate.zzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. Either way will work. I would lean toward the white and red interior but it is a personal choice either will work. Remember that the satin black although finished to you actually says to the viewer that I may get color someday.

18. Here ya go!! Keep the wheel and column as it is. My opinion.

Attached Files:

19. belair

belair

Paint the column red, I like the two-tone steering wheel, but not the dash. The faces of the gauges get lost in the white.

20. TABLAY

TABLAY

Red on the exterior goes away. Black wheels, satin black exterior are A MUST.

21. TABLAY

TABLAY

Thanks for the pics Oldschool, love the seats.

22. tjmercury

tjmercury

Red with white diamond tuck and red buttons!

23. hotrodchevy

hotrodchevy

a nice white tuck n roll w/red piping and paint columb to match dash would look good to me.JMO