Register now to get rid of these ads!

Important news about el mirage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HELLMET, Dec 4, 2011.

1. HELLMET

HELLMET

HI everyone. We have a crisis on our hands. The DRECP, Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan I have been talking to you about came out with their maps and now they want to take 2300 Acre from El Mirage and other areas including some SVRA (state Recreation Areas)

The meeting we have is same day as theirs 12/14 at 10 a.m. This is the first time there will be a breakout session for Recreation. We need to fill the halls with every man , woman and child to show our outrage of government just running over our desert. This has to stop. SCTA, Wind Sailors, everyone who uses El mirage needs to be at this meeting. Randy Banis is preparing a power point for this event and if you want to send him some slides of the importance of El Mirage to you , please do so at [email protected]

A FRIEND IN THE SCTA SENT THIS TO ME.

2. This isn't an "endangered species" issue, is it? If so, good luck...:(

3. Hillbilly Werewolf

Hillbilly Werewolf

What are they intending to do with the 2300 acres? What can us east coasters do to help? El mirage is our heritage, it would suck to have to share it with a trailer park!

4. Hellmet, it suck this is happening, I have a suggestion though, the one time I did got up there I noticed a lot of quad and dune buggies running around like Madmax, I think this same message should be posted in like forums for those people to see. Maybe also writing the local papers a note about it.

What else sucks is that usually some deep pockets with invested interest are running the whole thing, so you need to have deep pockets on your side as well.

5. I don't like the way this sounds!!!!!!

6. HELLMET

HELLMET

my friend sent this to me i thought it be a good place to put info.

7. thisbugger

thisbugger

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011