Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Gilmore Metal Works

Gilmore Metal Works
    from Reno, NV

Hi everyone. I have been following along for a while but finally getting around to my intro. Currently I want a 50's Studebaker Pickup. I have always liked the look of those trucks. There are three of them in my garage right now (only need I good one) and I want my garage back so... hopefully I can find some inspiration here to get something going.

2. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

]-[ello from Indian Hills, I agree I like those old Studebaker pickups too. a 49 was my first Hotrod, it had the flathead 6 when I bought it $75.00 in 1964.it burned more oil than gas,A friend gave me an Engine/Tranny out of a 56 Olds , installed it with the 456 gear in the rear,it was a rusty red sleeper=Rocket off the Line

3. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

4. mike hamel

mike hamel

Hello there for another reno resident!

5. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

6. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois

7. Gilmore Metal Works

Gilmore Metal Works
    from Reno, NV

Thanks guys.

Dave, sounds fun. I would love to find a 50's Cad or Olds engine as long as I didn't have to rebuild it. Right now I think I am going to stick with a Stude 259 (which I already have). I have a good mustang 5.0 engine, but I am not that into sticking that in it the truck.

I went to Pick N Pull to find some rollers. I had to look through every tire but I came away with a matched set of 215/70 R15 which is the size I was looking for. Mike or Ryan, what is the best place to get wheels sandblasted. How about tires mounted.

-Jason

8. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

welcome from the biggest little city,built a 49 back in the late 70's.flat 6 dual SU's home built intake&exhaust fun trucks

9. Welcome from the cultural center of the universe, Oklahoma!